V supercharged VS 6 cylinder Twin turbo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twin turbo VS V8 supercharged

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surpercharged v8 all the way you have full boost as soon as you take off not wait to hit a certain rev to start the boost process

Also with v8's they are becoming quite a common conversion in silvias skyline ect a ls1 is 50mm shorter in length than a nissan 6 not sure aboit toyota or ford they weigt of them is nearly iidentical and for that you get a extra 2 cylinders and bunch more tourqe aswell just imagine a supercharged v8 silvia it would be nuts but thats just my opiinion i think all the big banger 70's and 80's falcons,toranas and commodores shoild all be made agiain like they were back then and sold today they are real cars a big engine a manual gearbox and a steering wheel to steer it no conputers or fancy fuel iinjection

Just standard 5 speed driveline, after the engine work it dyno'd 228kw at all 4. I drove sensible most of the time but one thing broke after another.

that will do it - anything 200kw and over and its just a matter of time with a standard 5spd. 230kw atw would have been fun!

What type of bike you riding mate?

I'm currently on a Hyosung gt650r but get my full licence in a couple of months and will be getting a fire blade. The Hyosung isn't quite as quick as my Rex was but at least stuff doesnt break.

that will do it - anything 200kw and over and its just a matter of time with a standard 5spd. 230kw atw would have been fun!

It was great fun, you get to the speed limit very quickly :)

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by AUSGECKO
Just standard 5 speed driveline, after the engine work it dyno'd 228kw at all 4. I drove sensible most of the time but one thing broke after another.

'when' i blow my box im just gonna throw in straight cut modena gears.. i have a few mates pushing 250 and they have no problems with it... plus its another satisfying whine to go with all the sneazing lol. i dont thrash to much on the road so im not to worried and until i get my new turbo i should be fine.. you guys doing track days on your bikes?? bet it feels nice going 200kph on a bike... one day :)

The last box I broke before I sold it had helical cut 1st and 2nd but I stuffed the input shaft. I should have spent more money on the box when I first had the engine work done then I wouldn't have had so much trouble but funds were tight as the engine work was never planned, while driving the car home after I purchased it, it had a major engine failure.

Go for an 8. I own an 800 hp na xc falcon runs 9.6 @ 140mph if you would like to see it it's in the latest performance garage magazine it's qualified one of the fastest street cars in Australia called PRO 078.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back