Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXExplodexX

Reaction score
I am new to reptiles and have my first snake, It is a spotted python 1 meter. I was looking for something a bit bigger but not to big, i just want an idea so i can save up for it. I will probably buy another snake next year.

Woma's are amazing snakes to keep. Mid sized, generally fantastic temperament. Otherwise some sort of carpet python would be your best bet. They're generally cheaper, and most are relatively placid once they're past juvie stage. A bredli or maybe a murray darling carpet would be good choices.

Bredli, woma, bhp, any coastal are good bit bigger than a woma though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gtp's would be mad, but they are a little hard to care for and they cost heaps, you could get a Woma Python they get about 1.5m when full grown and you could find them cheap as $250 maybe less, or if your looking for something bigger you could get something like a Carpet Python (i love the jungle carpets but they are suppost to be a bit aggressive) haha but yeah its your decision and up to you another idea could be a black headed python ( gets to around 2.5m i think.. and is a bit like a woma haha ) hope this helped! :D

Any python can be a cuddle buddy(gay? lol)
Pick one you like the look of (remember these are long term pets)

Make sure you can have a selection when you go to pick up your python. Have a chat to the breeder and have a handle. This has worked everytime for me with all my reptiles throughout the years. You will find one that "clicks" :)

Good luck
Next for me: Woma or Bredli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back