Ceramic Heat Emitter Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

treeofgreen

Reaction score
Hi All

Wanting to get a CHE for my jungles terrarium. Its only 60x40x40. I am assuming a 50w would do the job ok?

Would this style put off less heat due to less surface area?
@@_dsp_bud_emitter1.jpg
Compared to the normal type:

Attachments

• @@_dsp_black_heat_lamp100w_12.jpg
    @@_dsp_black_heat_lamp100w_12.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 46
A 50W would do fine in that size, but afraid I haven't had any experience with those bulb shaped ones...where did you see it, out of interest?
Just for the love of god put a cage around it. They get so freakin hot, I was burned for weeks when I just brushed my hand against a CHE, you really don't want to risk your snake touching it by accident.

A 50W would do fine in that size, but afraid I haven't had any experience with those bulb shaped ones...where did you see it, out of interest?
Just for the love of god put a cage around it. They get so freakin hot, I was burned for weeks when I just brushed my hand against a CHE, you really don't want to risk your snake touching it by accident.

Thanks for replying James. I have a cage ready (made it myself as i couldnt see how pet shops can charge $30 + for them...??)

That one was from ebay. Can i link to ebay? here it is anyway :) Mini CHE

I have the same 50watt cone shaped unit. it's from reptile1, URS also sell the same unit in white in 60watt. I'm yet to find 50/60 watt in the flat bottom arrangement.

Whatever you use to heat to viv the ambient temp of the room is still a great influence. I find my CHE works great in mid to norm temps but tapers off in the colder times (lacks the ability to lift the 'ambient' temp of the enclosure) there are alot of variables and usually trial and error is the best way to figure out your best setup.

Also the type of thermostat will make a big difference.

Last edited:
Thanks fourexes. Here is the flat bottom 50w LINK from ebay. It is from china, but i did also see one from an aussie seller yesterday.

Yeah my house can get abit chilly in winter although i live in brisbane. Lots of glass windows/doors and wooden floorboards dont help.

Best thing about the cone shaped one would be that its TINY. Looks like you could fit that with a smaller cage anywhere.

thanks for that mate, certainly cheap enough, the 'cheap' ones at the local pet shops here start at $50.

You're right about the flat bottom ones being longer, horses for courses I guess. Though with the longer flatter ones I wonder if they would loose less heat out the top, my cone shaped one almost puts out as much heat above as it does below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back