Help with Diamond Python nose cavity!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatmeworry

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys, my male diamond x coastal carpet python (go have a cry) just finished his shed but there are two little bits of skin in both his nose cavities. He is also making squeeking noises. Any help is much appreciated here guys.

P.S: I cant really photograph it as its quite small.

Probably a bad shed because it's a dirty mongrel :p
Are you ok with head restraint? You could probably grab it and gently remove the stuck bits with some tweezers. Should only take a couple of minutes and cause minimal discomfort to him

thanks!!! and he isnt a dirty mongrel, he is a beautiful snake with an amazing temperament

Probably a bad shed because it's a dirty mongrel :p
Are you ok with head restraint? You could probably grab it and gently remove the stuck bits with some tweezers. Should only take a couple of minutes and cause minimal discomfort to him

I second this.

The tweezers part that is.

How long has it been stuck? Cus i witnessed the most amazing thing last month. My coastal had substrate stuck in her nose and I left it for a couple of days to see if it would come out on its own (and yes she was squeaking) and then I was watching tv w my bf and we heard her snort so I looked over and like a proper tradey she literally just snorted it out herself. Now my bf teases me for having a bogan snake.

hey guys, my male diamond x coastal carpet python (go have a cry)

As sax said, you can remove it yourself, or just wait until he sheds again and they'll probably come out on their own.

A good tip for the future, when asking for help, maybe try to sound like less of a douche in your first sentence.

A good tip for the future, when asking for help, maybe try to sound like less of a douche in your first sentence.

hardly being a douche, I was suggesting people ignore the fact it was a hybrid, as people on this site get all tanty when something involves a hybrid. "Go have a cry" was used to suggest that people "leave that fact alone".

I'd hazard a guess that people wouldn't have cared. Diamondxcoastal is hardly exotic. Or simply calling it a "carpet" would have sufficed :p Putting the information up on an open forum means you're going to have people talking about it, hardly up to you to decide what people post in your threads (unfortunately, sometimes).

hey guys, my male diamond x coastal carpet python (go have a cry) just finished his shed but there are two little bits of skin in both his nose cavities. He is also making squeeking noises. Any help is much appreciated here guys.

P.S: I cant really photograph it as its quite small.

Go to the dental dept.in your local pharmacy and look for the tiny tiny little bottle brush thingy that is used for removing gunk between your teeth.

Use this tool very gently....twirling it just outside the nostril.....you will prob.need someone to try hold the snake still while you "operate"

people on this site get all tanty when something involves a hybrid.

If you feel that people on this site get all tanty then perhaps you should be asking for help elsewhere ?

"Go have a cry" was used to suggest that people "leave that fact alone".

The only problem there is that it was you who brought that fact into the thread in the first place, instead of just saying "intergrade" where we would be none the wiser.

In all honesty, most people here probably don't care about your hybrid, but you deliberately taunting those who do is akin to being a douche.

The only problem there is that it was you who brought that fact into the thread in the first place, instead of just saying "intergrade" where we would be none the wiser.

Thats just the problem, I've referred to it as an intergrade in the past only to be attacked over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back