Snow Carpet Python???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuppz90

Not so new Member
Reaction score
How much would a snow carpet python be expected too retail for? Or what would you expect it too sell for? Very keen on one...

The minute someone proves one out, I highly doubt they'd sell for a fair while.
I'd be keen on one too, but I don't expect them on the market for a long time, or anywhere near an affordable price.(i.e. under 10-15k)

From my understanding, there is only one clutch from a double het pairing at the moment. So, assuming the numbers come out in the proper probability, it's still only likely to produce one or two actual Snows this season and, like Jimmy said, there's no way Jo and Larks will be letting them go. I can't wait for them either but pretty sure it will be at least a decade before they are readily available and within a reasonable price range. I'd think your estimate of 10-15k would be on the low end of the "first guess" scale. Weren't albino Olives going for over 60k a pair?

What would have too be done too prove one mate? If a snow comes out in my eyes there is nothing else left too prove...

It doesn't really require "proving" since it's known what morphs are required to create it. The axanthic carpet morph was only recently proven though which is why actual Snows are still some time off

Being that Axanthics are colourless monotone Coastals, care to explain what snow's are? I asking as I happen to be buying an animal that has a blood relation to Larks lot

if memory serves me a snow is an axenthic albino
basically axenthics show no yellow and albinos show no black making a white snake with both genes being recessive as everyone stated above common snows will be many yrs off

Last edited:
Depends what you consider a snowy python if your talking about Lucistic a white snake with blue or grey eyesthey would retail for about 200 thousand here and much more than that oversees there very rare

I thought larks's double hets are only 12 mths old far to young to breed already

pythrulz lucistic's are a whole different thing again and are only produced form jag x jag pairings (only get 1-2 per clutch) none have lived to date (in carpets) that i can remember reading about but then iv been away for over 12mnths :p

Well there quiet young really only 12 months? :O Hmmmm lol So how much would one be expected too go for in price? Im talking a snow carpet python with both albino and axanthic recessive?

- - - Updated - - -

Has there been a Snow Carpet python produced in the world?

How much would a snow carpet python be expected too retail for? Or what would you expect it too sell for? Very keen on one...

Thredbo has plenty of snow carpet pythons - make him as large or small as you want. He prefers the cold so don't heat him or you'll lose him.

There is a possibility that a snow or 2 will be produced in Australia next year all going well. And an albino anerythristc is also known as a snow.

cheers
Scott

200K...even for a leucistic???

Wow! GTFOOH!

Sure, some people will pay that much, and good luck to them I say, if they can afford to spend that much money on ONE snake they've got more dollars than brain cells ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back