Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you in vic? I can get u some if so lol.

:DD!! I cant wait twitch! that pumps going to run the 5x3 and 6x2x2! My only fear is it may not be strong enough =P

Been staying away from this thread in mourning. My saratoga jumped, smashed his head on the crossbracing and gave himself a head injury. After three days on the bottom of the tank he started swimming again but was quite obviously completely blind. After about another 3 weeks of unsuccessfully trying to train/rehab him with advice from a fish vet and anti-inflammatory injections I decided the best thing was to euthanise him. Better that than to slowly starve to death.

Not sure what I'll replace him with yet. Was considering a good quality FH but they're hard to find up here.

sorry to hear tsubakai. Mine did some what the same but stuffed his jaw up. they really do love to jump. going threw the same with my male dovii now, broke his tank sat on the floor for 6 hours or so found him putn him back in the tank was very stressed had to move him to another tank then another tank got a fungal infection and bladder issues. fixed the fungal but the bladder is very hard to fix. I am at the point where I cant decide if its nice letting him fight it or not.

Honestly if you have the space, a mangrove jack, I dont keep saratogas anymore after I got my jack. they play with you, much stronger then a toga and dont jump! they will bite your hands if they end up in the tank and well... imagine a hammer with teeth smashing on your hands thats a mangrove jacks bite. only down side is they get much bigger then togas so you may end up requiring a bigger tank 6x2x2 does not do it for the long hull.

kl.jpg

crs1.jpg

100_2691.jpg

3-1.jpg

Looks great, I love your little kuhli loach.
- - - Updated - - -

Jesse: yeah it might struggle, at 2.1m it has 5200l p/h or so.

Last edited:
A mangrove jack would be awesome but don't have the space for one. Maybe in the next house - although my wife wants a pignose turtle which will also need a big tank and I know who will win that one if it comes down to it. Getting a few electric blue JD's to grow out and probably sell back when they have some size and look nice. After that I was thinking of a redtail giant gourami.

Jardinis wont hide box head lol. well I have never seen one hide.

Thinking of getting a stone fish :D I really like them but the fact that all it takes is 10 minutes and there little cure for it is a bit off putting =( such a cute fish but lol.

Heres the finished product for my small natives i still have to stock most of them when they clear up.
DSCF3288.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's one with Australian Smelt.
DSCF3292.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll post some more when they clear up.

anyone have any ponds, koi pics because were building our pond now and really want some inspiration

Heres my setup. Im not sure what type it is, all I know is that its a bio balls setup. I bought it off my friend for $75 a while back, and used to have redfin in it, but now I have a little silver perch. Can someone tell me about this bio balls setup? Notice the prefilter isnt there in the pics! I want to know what type of fish it will support, its a 3ft tank. My friend used to have Bream in there with a saltwater tank. Its an awesome tank, I never check pH's, nitrates or anything, and the fish is doing awesome. If this one died or I got rid of it, I think id make it more of a mainstream aquarium. So yeah if anyone could tell me stuff about the tank and what fish I could put in it that would be awesome. Ive attached a picture of how it filters, and my fish, a little silver perch, whos name is fish :rolleyes:

PLEASE NOTE:
In illustrated photo:
Red lines = Where the water flows
Blue = Glass walls
Yellow = Exits for water to go into next chamber.

Attachments

• PICT0491.jpg
    PICT0491.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 115
  • PICT0482.jpg
    PICT0482.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 122
  • PICT0481.jpg
    PICT0481.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.