My snake got out!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradley4

Reaction score
hello everyone, i got a little blonde spotted python about 5 days ago, and when i came home from school yesterday i found that it was gone! we found out where it escaped, which was through a tiny hole in the lid of the enclosure. I have completely stripped my room trying to find it, but with no luck. The hole where she escaped was just near my windowsill, and on the other end of the windowsill the window was open just a fraction, so is there any chance she may have escaped through there?
If there is any suggestions you guys have to help me find it i would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers

Possibly mate, I lost one of mine yesterday (houdini escapist). Many tips, try leaving food out, making a nice warm area with a heat mat, and patients. Good luck however!

Check outside in your garden !!! If there is a possibitly it had i check outside, coz it can get further away when its outside! Keep us updated hope tou find him !

i have checked under every plant and bush, but no luck so far :(

- - - Updated - - -

i think if i find her i'm going to name her Mia, as in M.I.A

sneaky little critters they are, when you say little, how little do you mean? cos they curl up in to the tinyest places and if its a hatching that place could be crazy small.

well, im not too sure how old it is, but when is stretches out in it's 3' tank, it covers most of it, so i would say it is about 2 1/2 feet?

When you said little I thought you meant a very young one lol. They can get through and into some pretty small spaces no matter how big they are though. I hope you find him/ her soon either way. Try searching some of the other threads with lost snakes for more tips if the food/ heat suggestions don't work out for you. How long since you last fed it? I wonder if it's likely to be hungry enough for food to work.

search your room again, if no luck wait till night time and leave a heater on low in one corner and see if she comes out. last week my husband did not close one of my tanks properly i had 6 yearlings escape. found 2 asleep behind the tank, 1 in my aircon had to switch it on to get him out, and the other 3 i found at night roaming around the room, one on top of my blue tongues tank one climbing up my beardies tank and one coming out from under my dresser. i sealed the room off so they could not leave the room till i found them all. taped the air con from outside with plastic bag and sealed under the door.

My childrens has got out twice, dont panic, she should show up. The first time it was curled up on a stick i took out of the tank a day earlier, and the second, just a week ago, I found her under the dvd player because it was nice and warm under there. Snakes ALWAYS will try to find the warmest, most comfortable place, so check under all electrical appliances, because they all produce heat.

I can almost guarantee the little blighter will still be inside. Under your bed, up in the curtain rails. It'll be there, somewhere. I doubt its gotten outside.

I had a Colletts get loose in the house one night. Exciting times :lol:

well, i can only hope, cause the only place it could have gone from the escape hole would be to fall on the ground, or to the windowsill. And in the pet store, it was always pressing up against the glass, so im scared that it was doing that on my window and then it found the hole :(

my friends escaped and was gone for 2.5 weeks and they gave up hope bought another one, and after they got moved in, the other one rocked up and was not a happy chappy sitting on top of his old enclosure so now i have the escape artist as i had a spare enclosure hasn't escaped again:)

I can almost guarantee the little blighter will still be inside. Under your bed, up in the curtain rails. It'll be there, somewhere. I doubt its gotten outside.

I had a Colletts get loose in the house one night. Exciting times :lol:

Holy shyt Venom!!! Id be paranoid as hell!

Hope you find him mate!

I dont know if anyone has mentioned but you could try the flour trick? If you have tiles/wood/lino that is :)

i have lost some in my days of snake breeding i also put some talcum powder in different areas to see where it has gone good luck hope you find him

I lost a children's for a few months, had completely given up hope, then one morning heard a loud scream, well more like a girly squeal, coming from the garage. My big blokey mate was standing there white as a ghost claiming there was a massive snake in his motorbike jacket, went and got my snake hook, put on some thick jeans and boots thinking it was one of the resident browns or something. Lifted the jacket to only to find the (tiny) missing children's. He still hasn't lived it down hahahaah. So don't give up, keep searching, it'll show up, often where and when you least expect it

i have searched almost everywhere outside and haven't found it. However, if it did leave my room (hope it didn't) through the window, it would have fallen just near a gap in the bricks of my house. if it did go between the gaps of the bricks, that means that it would be in between 2 layers of bricks in the wall, which would make it almost impossible to find :/

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone got any suggestions on how to lure it out of hiding? i am getting worries D:

If you're living down South its still fairly cold in the mornings, so I'd imagine it won't want to venture outside. Northern areas, maybe. But I'm still guessing it's a lazy critter and won't have gotten far. It'll be all balled up, snug as a bug in a rug, and probably enjoys getting around your house while you're all asleep. Any nook or crack, open drawer, cupboard, clothes hangers, under beds, up in curtain rails, on top of blinds. Your room will be its jungle! A million places to hide. Keep looking! ;)

ps: Behind books, behind/under the fridge, back of the oven, indoor plants, inside newspaper....getting the picture :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back