How to not feed a Green Tree Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol no its not me, i was just quoting the guy.Its a pretty funny vid, holding a small feed in front of a green of that size without using a feeding tool is just asking for it.

Lol no its not me, i was just quoting the guy.Its a pretty funny vid, holding a small feed in front of a green of that size without using a feeding tool is just asking for it.

Ahkay, bit of a derpy moment for me :lol:. Yeah, sure teaches me to use tongs!

lol I saw this last year and asked why he didnt use tongs.
He told me it had something to do with not being able to hold it high enough with tongs, lol

At least he didnt panic and rip the poor pythons teeth out :)

-=edit=-
Here's his reply to my question:
I've tried by the tail. Easy for terrestrial snakes on the ground. Not so much for ones on perches in setups like mine where you're not over them. It dangles below your hand.

Last edited:
What a tool..... and i agree needs to find some clippers for those nails lol.

haha! How was that ever going to end differently to how it did?

Prey seems awfully small for a snake that size, is that common with gtp's keepers? does a smaller prey help minimise the risk of prolapse or something?

Prey seems awfully small for a snake that size, is that common with gtp's keepers? does a smaller prey help minimise the risk of prolapse or something?

People tend to feed them smaller meals while young, however they are fine once they get abit of size on them to start taking larger meals.

He didn't bleed. If one that size latched onto my fingers I would have had blood dripping every where.

I think he planned that. He was too calm, and once the snake let go he only needed hold food up to it and it would have unwrapped from his arm - if it didn't latch on again, of course. Haha, Well done GTP!!!!

Cant imagine rodent blood in direct contact with his wound would be very good for you ? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back