To Stein Enclosures...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

veenarm

Reaction score
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Please for the love of god put that awful sound on your website inside a frame(1990s) or use some scripting so it doesn't re-load on every page...

I mute it, then click a new link and the entire content reloads and re-enables the sound...

That is all. :)

Love the enclosures - hopefully looking at one soon :)

(not sure who does your website but i find it odd you use JQuery (which is fantastic) to do heaps with your images but then dont use it to do the audio.. you can remove flash dependency..

Last edited:
This has been put to Ben before , that's when he added the mute button I think , at the end of the day it's his site , if he wants it there then it will stay , I personally like it if it's annoying you enough to make a thread about it how bout just completely turn the volume down on your computer :)

This has been put to Ben before , that's when he added the mute button I think , at the end of the day it's his site , if he wants it there then it will stay , I personally like it if it's annoying you enough to make a thread about it how bout just completely turn the volume down on your computer :)

The idea of websites is to get attention and make it pleasant for people to look at and read the content you want them to, not scare people away because of sounds... Also when your listening to music 'somewhat' loudly and then all of a sudden a massive infestation noise appears and you go cool 'mute' you don't expect it to restart everytime you open a new page :p

It didn't stop me browsing his site, Also I wasn't complaining about the sound itself (to me its bad but to him and others its probably fine and the idea of a mute button is GOOD) but having it default to ON every new page you go on seems like a bug with the website IMO. If its working as intended then cool but feedback is feedback :p

Everything you said to me sounds foreign haha. Damn computer lingo. I have no ability to change it I do like it there but I agree the fact it reloads with every page is annoying. I will ask my IT guy what can be done.....

So hard for people to just mute computers sound whilst on the site, then turn it back on once they leave???

some on board sound allows you to adjust volumes of programs on your comp. mine is set to a very low volume for this reason

So hard for people to just mute computers sound whilst on the site, then turn it back on once they leave???

some on board sound allows you to adjust volumes of programs on your comp. mine is set to a very low volume for this reason

You mean windows allows you to mute programs... type of sound card has nothing to do with it (I'm sure MACOS allows you too as well)

However I have noticed that I can't mute sound by program if using 'Chrome' as the browser, it allows me to mute sound for firefox and IE but not chrome.. strange bug imo, Yes there are many ways to get around it - but most users don't know you can do these sorts of things :p nor should you have to..

I think Myspace was the worst thing ever in the day because everyone had some crummy song running in the backround :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back