Heat lamp watts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shabbyy

Reaction score
Heat lamp wattage.

Hey guys, just wandering what the max temperature a 25w heat lamp can go to.

Thanks,
Sabohan

Last edited:
A low wattage bulb such as 25 watt will emit the same heat though only in a very small confined area not enough to heat a reptile on its own

It all depends on your enclosure set up and ambient temps, try it and find out. Though unless you ambient temps are high I doubt 25W will be enough.

It is for a Bredli hatchy... So does that make a difference? Could I still use a 100w?

you could use a 500w heat globe as long as its on a thermo...... i have 3 smaller enc's that have 80w heat globes no thermos and they run perfect temps it was just a matter of trial and error (i did use a thermo untill i was happy with the temps).

you could use a 500w heat globe as long as its on a thermo...... i have 3 smaller enc's that have 80w heat globes no thermos and they run perfect temps it was just a matter of trial and error (i did use a thermo untill i was happy with the temps).

Ok, thanks, I am using a 25w now without a thermo, but have a thermometer to measure temps, should the basking/hot area be 28-32c? Because that is what it says on the meter.

that should be ok, if it was me id like to see the temp hit 34max, everyone has differing opinions on here, but if your bredli is basking quite a lot its too cold, but ifs it moving from hot too cool on a regular basis all is good... they are my thoughts but im sure ill be corrected if im wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back