LOL @ apple

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an Apple fan from my computers to the phone. I even have all my technicians at work using iPads for their reporting. While I'm not blinded to other products I haven't found anything that the Apple products can't do in both my business & personal life. I'm not going to race out & buy the iPhone 5 (I have the 4S) but I imagine I'll get one eventually.

I think i experienced love for the first time with my galaxy S3
I upgraded from the S2 so i didnt even need to get used to it
Its so fast, awesome camera and display

Also, what sort of idiot buys a phone made from glass? I always drop my galaxys and they havent smashed... these days im shocked when i see an iPhone that ISNT broken

I decided on the change from iPhone to galaxy s3 and was not very happy. It's all down to personal preference but I'm just not a fan of all the additional "bloat ware" the galaxy ships with.

But as I said, it's all down to preference and because I'm surrounded by computers, servers and other nerds at work, I don't really use the Samsung for anything I can use a pc for.

Please dont tell me iphones dont ship with bloatware all phones do the good bit about android is if you buy a phone thats not locked to a carrier you can use a custom Rom as the months go on they get better bit like what I run on my tablet its a onda Chinese tablet cost me $190 lol what it came with was crap so i installed a custom vanilla Rom and it is fantastic does every thing I need you could have done the same.

Last edited:
Personally l use an iphone but l bought my partner a S3 and to me its Holdens and Falcons it just depends on what features you like most/best but l think what this thread does expose is how intractable some people are as well as "distorting" the facts to suit their arguement.....solar 17 (baden)

Holdens and Falcons

You mean Holdens and Fords or Commodors and Falcons? ;)

iPhone <3ers are going to hate I would be made too if the company who initiated the innovation into smart phones has been stagnant in there same **** for so long and now releasing sub par specced devices.

(iPod, Mac PC's iPad's excluded as these are still way above most other devices) but for a phone they are very bad now considering the current GS3 and the new Galaxy Note 2 thats coming out and the Lumia 920 soon to be released...

:)

I hate rooting with a bloated ware.... WHAT???

All I can say about Apple is... I'd prefer to have an Apple in NZ than in Australia... I think it's something to do with the cooler climate making them nicer... Much juicier and plus not imported from China.

What is this thread about anyway? I can't make head or tail out of this...

I hate rooting with a bloated ware.... WHAT???

All I can say about Apple is... I'd prefer to have an Apple in NZ than in Australia... I think it's something to do with the cooler climate making them nicer... Much juicier and plus not imported from China.

What is this thread about anyway? I can't make head or tail out of this...

You forgot to tell us to get off your lawn ( must be having a senior moment) ;)

Hey Fuscus, that's pretty harsh... I happen to be technologically competent...

But the iPhone is a complete waste of money (of course imo). Firstly... Let me quantise this for everyone:

1. If I wanted a phone that can text, access the net, have a few games, maybe even an app or two if really required, I'd get an android or a smartphone...

2. If I wanted a 5mp camera, I'd look on eBay for someone giving away their carpy ol' point and shoot from 1997.

3. If I want a flashier screen... I buy a nice 42in (or larger) 200Hz, 3D TV or something along those lines... I don't watch high def on a 4in screen... EVER!!!

4. If I want a music player... ANY phone can do that - in fact, mine has radio too! Ooooooh, how about that...

5. If I wanted to waste money on things I didn't need to impress people I didn't like, I'd buy a better lawn mower and yell at kids to get off my lawn!

You couldn't give me an iPhone and tell me it was better than what I already have (eg, 42in tv, 12.9mp camera, phone that can text.... so on and so on).

Apple is just shiny and wasteful!

Oh, and BTW... In my science lab I have an iBoard anyway (a giant iPad on the wall).... Well, in reality it's a smart board, but to my year 9 class I call it an iBoard (and they love it).

So... Have I convinced anyone they need an iPhone yet?

I've got the iphone 5 and the maps work fine. I've seen similar problems with google maps over the years. They get fixed once it is notified. The maps are from tomtom so the same as most peoples tomtom gps units....
I dont get the pro apple or pro android. People obviously have too much hate in their hearts... It's just electronics, use what you can afford and feel comfortable with. People are way too insecure, the whole I've got android so I hate apple. Or I cant afford apple so I hate it..... Let it go and enjoy life :)

My thing though, Snowman, isn't the hate, I don't hate Apple (or love android or smartphone) - in fact, I even used to own an Apple... I had an Apple IIe Europlus when I was 8 years old! Loved it!!!

It's not about hate for me... It's about marketing... because that's all it is. Considering there is stuff out there, more competitively priced, that does more and isn't a gimme gadget that really isn't required.

Just to put it into perspective...

I recall a thread a few years ago talking about home loans and how house prices have soared but wages have not.

The complaints about not being able to afford a house because of inflation etc is a load of codswallop. It's all about the iWant culture that we have now.

iWant this iWant that iWant, iWant, iWant. People are willing to slave themselves to debt just for this crazy toy - and realistically, that's all it is.

Even my lovely cougar suggested she'd buy an iPhone... I really question her requirements for something like that - she did merely indicate it as a status symbol to look down her nose at other people... Not that I am worried if people do that... it's just for that money I could easily find some more exciting things to spend it on (electronics if it has to stay that way).

Well, each to their own and I think if there's haters out there, good on them, they have reasons!

Yeah some people just love to hate I guess. I'd rather be more positive. It shouldn't matter what 'other' people do. Be happy with your own decisions in life, and be happy for other peoples decisions as well. There are bigger problems in the world than apple vs android. Hate only hurts the hater.
For myself I find apple reasonably priced relative to my financial situation and enjoy the way I use its devices/toys.

Last edited by a moderator:
...iWant this iWant that iWant, iWant, iWant....
The old guy has a point and actually follows my philosophy quite closely - which is :

Unless there is a compelling reason to get cutting edge - DON'T.

A fair portion of quality control occurs after the product is released. That is where the unwashed masses get their grubby little paws on the device/software/inflatable toy and start to find the hidden faults, problems and security holes. Patches and/or recalls occur over the next few months until the product is finally stable and trustworthy (unlike Uncle Sam, who is moving in the opposite direction).
Probably next year I'll move up to an S3

im my experiance after you start to load a s3 up with songs and videos and stuff it starts to run slow as does a pc. where as my mac book pro and iphon both very full still run like the day i got them.. people get hung up on stats but like any good engineer knows whats on paper doesnt always work in real life.

I personally dont need a 16mp camera on my phone cause i have a dslr for that and im not going to watch movies on my phone because i have a big tv for that. which leaves calls and text which my 4s does very well and and fb and tapatalk( both also great).

I upgraded to ios6 last night and its awesome ( exept maps :() it has intergrated fb with my fone and all other trick stuff im just finding.. i love it and it has re kindled my love for apple. i feel like i just got a new fone even though it really is very small changes.. im happy..

Toby

im my experiance after you start to load a s3 up with songs and videos and stuff it starts to run slow as does a pc.

If you even own one (which I doubt you do), you'd know they ship with a ****ty little 16g Class 4 Micro SD. Switch it for a Class 10 and it'll run smooth no matter how many movies, songs or media you put on it.

The galaxy is too big. I'd need to send my pants to a tailor to get the pockets widened if I went down the Galaxy path :D

I've had iPhones since the first one. The 3S was a dog imo, but the iPhone 4 has been flawless (also imo). Apart from the latest software upgrade and dealing with sub-standard Apple Maps - I've been more than happy with the iPhone. Thinking of sticking with the iPhone and upgrading to the 5.......but who knows, maybe a change of heart at the last moment :D

The galaxy is too big. I'd need to send my pants to a tailor to get the pockets widened if I went down the Galaxy path :D

For us taller people it's like having a normal phone ;) But I do agree the screen isn't for everyone. Just like the iPhone isn't for everyone. Or just like Nokia isn't for everyone..

My favourite phone ever was my Motorola V3 flip phone. That thing was awesome... even survived falling down a five story building. I'd like to see smart phones do that!

Nah I don't have one. I had a good play with my mates but couldn't bring myself to switch because if it was a bad choice I was stuck with it for 2 years. No doubt they are both great phones.

Some of the htc ones are nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;XNBP18nrRdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBP18nrRdw[/video]

sums up apple's future quite well
and before anyone says anything, yes i own a 3GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back