pair of bredlis together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mareebapython

Reaction score
i know there is a risk in keeping reptiles together but i want to give it a go and learn from my own experience.. i want to hear other peoples opinion though. anyone that has experience keeping bredlis ( or any other snakes ) together, would love to hear about it. cheers.

Can you tell us why you want to house them together?

Ive got two darwins together and they have been fine but thats only cause i broke a heater but mate i had a skink living with my bredli and the lil thing use to run over him.. As long as ur enclosure is big enough and two seperate basking spots.. Its a controversal topic but hey there ur snakes..

Can you tell us why you want to house them together?

not having the space for two massive enclosures is the main reason. also, tired of seeing so many people say it shouldn't be done and saying they will figh for the best spot and for food when a mate knows someone who has had two pairs living together for 10+ years with no problem and also other pairs together, and have seen other people who have had them 5+ years with no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive got two darwins together and they have been fine but thats only cause i broke a heater but mate i had a skink living with my bredli and the lil thing use to run over him.. As long as ur enclosure is big enough and two seperate basking spots.. Its a controversal topic but hey there ur snakes..

the enclosure is big enough, they have alot of spots to bask and they have three hides but they still stay together.

Hey mareebapython there are couple of threads about this in bredli lovers group a few people are doing quite successfuly bredli's are so placid they just seem to love living together I've also read quite a few threads about keeping artensia species together aswell just have to be careful when feeding

Plenty of people keep snakes together, as long as you feed separately, dont have more than one male and they are all the same size it should be ok. There is of course a risk but if you are careful the risk is minimal.

Hey mareebapython there are couple of threads about this in bredli lovers group a few people are doing quite successfuly bredli's are so placid they just seem to love living together I've also read quite a few threads about keeping artensia species together aswell just have to be careful when feeding

have seen them already and i agree that they do seem to like being with eachother. i believe they are the best snakes, easy to feed and there good to handle.

they come as a pair and i want to keep them as a pair.

have fun living your life as a sheep not learning things for yourself.

Mate why bother posting a thread then if you don't wonna hear what anyone has to say when it isn't what you want? Just go do it.

Mate why bother posting a thread then if you don't wonna hear what anyone has to say when it isn't what you want? Just go do it.

I agree, why on earth to people ask questions just to insult people who do not tell them what they want to hear, kinda defeats the purpose LOL

Yeah great handlers best snakes to own thats what I think anyway I also have two green tree snakes living together for about 3 months now never a problem they actually never leave each other alone always snuggling with each other lol. Good luck

i do want to hear what people have to say, just cant stand a smart ars3.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah great handlers best snakes to own thats what I think anyway I also have two green tree snakes living together for about 3 months now never a problem they actually never leave each other alone always snuggling with each other lol. Good luck

cheers and goodluck to you to.

have fun living your life as a sheep not learning things for yourself.

Perhaps you should have included a disclaimer in your original post stating that any members offering opinions you didn't like would be duly flamed ?

I think the OP wanted examples from ppl who have multiple animals in one enclosure, to see how it went. Not ppl saying don't buy two, it dosnt really help answer the question does it?

Perhaps you should have included a disclaimer in your original post stating that any members offering opinions you didn't like would be duly flamed ?

i dont see someone telling me not to buy a 2nd one as a opinion. i got them as a pair, didnt buy one then go out and get another.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the OP wanted examples from ppl who have multiple animals in one enclosure, to see how it went. Not ppl saying don't buy two, it dosnt really help answer the question does it?

thats right. don't want stupid comments, i want to hear from people that have actually had a pair living together.

At the end of the day pythons are solitary creatures.At least you are honest about your reason for wanting to house multiple animals together.

Not everything has to be learned by yourself and sometimes it's wise to learn from the experiences of others :)

don't want stupid comments,

Hardly stupid comments, IMO.

i want to hear from people that have actually had a pair living together.

That is fair enough, but you may want to edit your original post:

i want to hear other peoples opinion though. anyone that has experience keeping bredlis ( or any other snakes ) together, would love to hear about it. cheers.
Specifically, remove the period after the word "though", & perhaps replace it with a comma. The way it reads at the moment it looks as though you're asking for anyone's opinion, not just those who keep two snakes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back