pair of bredlis together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most snakes can be housed in pairs and sometimes trios. I have kept numerous elapids in the one enclosure including deathies,copperheads,tigers,Rbb,inland tais as well as coastals in fact I have a trio of inland tais that have been together for three years and every year I get two clutches, python wise the only pythons I've had hurt each other was a pair of scrubbers that a vet probed as a pair and turned out to be 2 males bigger one ripped crap out of smaller one, other than that all of my pythons are kept in large enclosures and kept in trios or more and if snakes are probed correctly I have not had any probs.
Any one who says you can't, have not actually tried it themselves just go on what others have written and even they are probably exaggerating or guessing, ask for factual evidence not hearsay and myth

Last edited:
i asked to hear from people that have had them together but just got replys from people that never have

I said sometimes, darling.. sometimes :) But yes, I'm the kind that would lean more toward learning from the experiences of others when it comes to reptiles (and other things I know little about) because I'm still new to keeping reptiles. I'm a bit more adventurous though when it comes to web development, having 16 years experience under my belt, also because no living things risk being killed if I insert the wrong syntax!

Hi we have our housed together, but in saying that everyone is fed in a feeding box of there own, every feed. Breeding pair of bredli been together from babies and around 6yr old now, breeding pair of stimies, only been together full time since we got them, about 4yr old, pair of coastals girls been together from babies, but have separated them with a male each recently, pair of beardies 12mths an 2 yrs together, an another pair of beardies, no problems at all. Never have had one. Big guys in 6 or 7 foot by 2 or 3 foot by the same on top of each other, smaller guys and dragons in 4 foots ones. But that's our lost, lot of people have had a problem. So it up to you at the end of the day and what works for you.

I housed my pair together for 12 years . Fed them together bred them together , never had a issue . In that time managed to breed almost every season . Others may have had issues but can only speak from experience .

ive got a pair of spotteds(male and female) and 2 sets of female jungles until l i build more enclosures for them Ive been making sure during feeding they are at opposite sides of the enclosures and i feed at the same time, haven't had much trouble till tonight with the spotteds. didn't see she was in the same hide as him so figured she was in the other one. just as i get the mouse in 2 heads shoot out and grab either end and coil around each other. had to put them in the shower under cold water until they let go. lucky they didn't attack each other much. that was my fault really for not checking so i don't really see a problem but i can say its easier to clean 2 enclosures with 1 snake in each then 1 enclosure with 2 snakes. especially angry jungles

i have housed my breeding pair of bredlis together since hatchies they are now 7 and 9ft long and get a clutch every year, they are inseperatable always following each other in their avairy. ive also got a pair of murry darling housed together for 4 years all my snakes are fed seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back