new lease on life

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defective

~ Yoda (2008-2020), you loved me more than life!!
Reaction score
hey gang! so who would like to catch me up on all things APS? i am finally on the road to recovery after having 2 more lumbar punctures and emergency surgery to have a shunt placed to save my eyesight because of the high intracranial pressures that seem to happen about every 2 wks.

it took 3hrs, 3 attempts to get the ventricular catheter in and a team of about 6 surgeons from both general and neurosurgery, and scaring the O.R. staff because i was so calm but i have never felt better....aside from being a tad sore and very itchy...all is well.

i've been pretty MIA because of the IIH but my life is changing...i hope now to lose the weight i want and try for the ADF!...one step at a time though.

Get well soon matey and good on ya for going for the ADF, it's an awesome career choice.

Ouch!!! That all sounds very painful! Glad to see you're feeling good though! I haven't been around for a few months so I'm about to do some catching up too.

hope you dont have to go through any of that again! good luck with a full recovery.

Im heading down to kapooka in Feb, cant wait!
are you in the ADF Sniper?

hope you dont have to go through any of that again! good luck with a full recovery.

Im heading down to kapooka in Feb, cant wait!
are you in the ADF Sniper?

Lol. Why is everyone obsessed with sniping? Just going to my 2 cents in, sniping isn't about killing, killing, killing, it is about reconnaissance and collecting intelligence. And If you are just joining, you are no way in hell going to become a sniper, you have to be in the ADF for years, than you will be ASKED to consider being one...

Oh and Defective, get well soon, and I hope you do well in the ADF! :)

Lol. Why is everyone obsessed with sniping? Just going to my 2 cents in, sniping isn't about killing, killing, killing, it is about reconnaissance and collecting intelligence. And If you are just joining, you are no way in hell going to become a sniper, you have to be in the ADF for years, than you will be ASKED to consider being one...

Going in as an Engineer, was aking SniperCap if he was in the ADF.

Fantastic news defective. Does this mean your eyes are all okay now?

EDIT: Not in line with thread...

Last edited:
Glad to hear your surgery went well and you're back on the mend. Which force of the ADF? Hubby is currently Army and while the lifestyle is a hell of a lot different it has its pros and cons. If you need any info, or have a partner who would like to ask questions, shoot me a PM and we'll be happy to help. All the best with it! ;)

This is not true...

Defective,
Hey, that’s great to hear. Not a lot of fun going through the op’s but well worth it for the result, hey? Sounds like you were definitely doing your best to help them achieve a successful outcome. I am really happy for you!

Blue

thanks everyone.
Jande said:
Glad to hear your surgery went well and you're back on the mend. Which force of the ADF? Hubby is currently Army and while the lifestyle is a hell of a lot different it has its pros and cons. If you need any info, or have a partner who would like to ask questions, shoot me a PM and we'll be happy to help. All the best with it!

i'll be applying for the Air Force....been a dream of mine since i was 10yrs old. i know an Aerospace Engineer, now i just have to find a training partner or Military grade PT to help me get there.....

This is definitely a feel good thread, hope the air force is still as great now to you as it was when you were a kid.

This is definitely a feel good thread, hope the air force is still as great now to you as it was when you were a kid.
yeah, it is....some of the best times of my life were at AAFC ...
heres some pics pre and post op (please excuse the haircut...Neurosurgeons don't shave all your hair off so i did it)
before leaving for melbourne on august 17th
427530_10151179350329740_4826181_n.jpg

Pre-Op MRI scan so the stealth probe knew where the cath had to go
404171_10151230326084740_1694429165_n.jpg

2hrs after the surgery and on the ward...there was no ICU beds
487498_10151230958694740_1431749431_n.jpg

On Tuesday the 17th of September, Grand Rounds and surgical dressing removed
408248_10151238883419740_402012226_n.jpg

i also have a abdominal incision but that is gnarly as....in total 35 sutures, permanent egg on my head and some gnarly scars.....ohh and i can feel the tubing under my skin.

You totally own the polka dots on the head look.
Looking fierce, ha ha

Certainly hope you can get on with other stuff now.

Wow in the photo before the operation you were in such high spirits, I'm sure the army and the air force need people like you.:D

Hows Yoda BTW?
Oops and your snake whose name I have forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.