Looking for a Snake Catcher (QLD)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas89

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if any could put me in contact with a snake catcher in the cedar vale qld area?
Friend has a house out there and has been finding brown snakes breeding a little to close to the house.
Also any ideas on good deterrent measures would be great
thanks
Lucas

best deterrent would be to make sure around the house is clean. Try to get rid of anything that may be able to house food items such as rats or mice.
Remove anything you don't want snakes housing under or in also.
Unfortunately this time of year with food sources being abundant, a snake is likely to get on the trail and follow it through your back yard. It is most likely going to keep on going if there is nothing at your place to eat and no where to shelter.

best deterrent would be to make sure around the house is clean. Try to get rid of anything that may be able to house food items such as rats or mice.
Remove anything you don't want snakes housing under or in also.
Unfortunately this time of year with food sources being abundant, a snake is likely to get on the trail and follow it through your back yard. It is most likely going to keep on going if there is nothing at your place to eat and no where to shelter.

I know this is off topic, but you seem to know, would a dog in Queensland (preferably Townsville) have more of a chance of getting bit by a snake? I am in Adelaide at the moment and have had no snake problems, so would I have to be extra careful?

I know this is off topic, but you seem to know, would a dog in Queensland (preferably Townsville) have more of a chance of getting bit by a snake? I am in Adelaide at the moment and have had no snake problems, so would I have to be extra careful?

Towns ville do have a lot of variety of snakes, and quite a few with a high toxicity yielding bite. I lived there for a while, and i was getting snakes all day most days, although i also lived 50kms from town. MY wife worked at a vet clinic and they did get a few snake bite animals, nothing much more then anywhere else she has worked though. At the end of the day some times you cant prevent snakes coming in to you yard, what you can prevent is reasons why they would want to stay and feel comfy there. Also train ya dog not to attack a snake and that is half the problem dealt with ;)

Hey guys i was wondering if any could put me in contact with a snake catcher in the cedar vale qld area?
Friend has a house out there and has been finding brown snakes breeding a little to close to the house.
Also any ideas on good deterrent measures would be great
thanks
Lucas

im a snake catcher southside (Logan area) so close enough
Ph: 0467 901 993
Graeme

Towns ville do have a lot of variety of snakes, and quite a few with a high toxicity yielding bite. I lived there for a while, and i was getting snakes all day most days, although i also lived 50kms from town. MY wife worked at a vet clinic and they did get a few snake bite animals, nothing much more then anywhere else she has worked though. At the end of the day some times you cant prevent snakes coming in to you yard, what you can prevent is reasons why they would want to stay and feel comfy there. Also train ya dog not to attack a snake and that is half the problem dealt with ;)

Ahkay, thanks :) I have a Siberian Husky, who never barks but only howls and a couple of times we have had a Beardie or Bluey in our yard and she was going mental and barking, she tried to attack the Beardie but we stopped her...It is weird, she is the most loving animal with no aggression, just licks you :lol:

Last edited:

Got heaps of lesser black whip snakes moving through our yard all the time.. dogs know nothing about it ha

Thanks mate I'll pass your number on. Just checking you are fully licenced I'm guessing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ticks are the big concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back