want info on relocating courses

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damian83

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I want any inform for seqld or north coast nsw on doing courses to become a relocators legally
If anyone can help that would be great.
We don't have anyone in lismore or surrounding areas

There is a course that's run by WIRES coming up in Grafton in November (exact dates I'm not certain), but contact Sandra Byrne on 6645 4664 for more details. You may have to be a WIRES member in the first instance and you'll need to book soon as places fill fast. We already have two UNE students heading for the course from Armidale.

Hope this is useful.

Not certain of the dates, Damo,

Sandra would have that info. The WIRES membership covers all the legal aspects (insurance, etc) and is cheap at half the price:)! You can specify with WIRES that your only interested in reptile relocation and rehab so you don't end up with loads of marsupials/birds and you'll get all callouts through WIRES (350+ in your area last time I heard).

Goodluck, you wont regret it!

Jonno from ERD also runs a course:)!!

Yeah thanks ill look into that this arvo:)

- - - Updated - - -

There is a course that's run by WIRES coming up in Grafton in November (exact dates I'm not certain), but contact Sandra Byrne on 6645 4664 for more details. You may have to be a WIRES member in the first instance and you'll need to book soon as places fill fast. We already have two UNE students heading for the course from Armidale.

Hope this is useful.
That number is fax and connected to computer

That number is fax and connected to computer

I've just had a word with Sandra and she reckons a thunderstorm went through and that maybe why you couldn't contact on this number? Def works, though:).

BTW, the Grafton course is only a refresher, so for people with prior experience and not open to newcombers (apologies for the bum steer). The first timers course is held at Glenreagh on the weekend of 10/11 Nov (one day course 9-5). I'll PM her email addy.

I know its a long drive but Neville Burns & John Mostyn Do a great Venomous Course !!!! around penrith NSW

Martin from Geckoeswildlife north of brisbane.
He is an awsome instructor and full of knowlege (he teaches at the uni in brisbane) and runs the handling courses fom home, all the goverment based facilities use him.

Last edited:
Some, not all. We regularly train all sorts of government departments, including a group of senior Parks rangers recently.

Jonno when will you be doing another course? Me and jeffa08 on here want to do it

Some, not all. We regularly train all sorts of government departments, including a group of senior Parks rangers recently.

Talking to Alex from derm and cameron about you the other day, just telling them how good a course you run, sorry I would have mentioned you too jonno on here but I heard a whisper ages ago that you stopped doing the courses, and concentrated on something up north. (Note To Self - Chinese whispers are not always right) Sorry Jonno

G'day mate,

Not a drama - I hear all sorts of stuff about what I'm up to, none of it is ever as exciting in reality though. We're still definitely running courses all over the place, we just started a new fauna management company last year though which consumes a lot of my time.

yeah I know what it is like, congrats on the new adventure anyway, good to see a guy like yourself really honestly concerned with our native backyard.
Hat off to you Jonno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back