This Annoys me Alot!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomous_RBB

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My rant that I have been brewing for a while but today, my friend who has posted over and over again on facebook saying that their dog keeps attacking and killing snakes and finding a whole post on peoples animals killing snakes just blew me away and made me.... well lets just say VERY annoyed.

I am Absoloutly sick of hearing people's dogs or cats have attacked snakes and they are doing nothing about it..... Glad that the two girls dont do that....

Snakes are native, dogs and cats are not... Snakes are vital to this eco system, dogs and cats are not. It just seriously ****** me off!!!!

I understand that mistakes happen and your dog might kill a snake but to let your dog keep killing them? It really annoys me!!!

Dont get me wrong, I love dogs and cats, just as much as the next person but people, do something about your dogs killing native animals!!!

I understand where you're coming from...I get frustrated too knowing that people destroy our native animals, but I don't get annoyed when they kill cockroaches :p hate them..

OH nothing worse than coming to your front door to find your sweet, innocent, beautiful, charming cat (bell collar adorned) has presented you with the most amazing native grass parrot....displayed picturesquely on the front mat in 5 pieces.
Got that cat a bigger bell we did.

Last edited:
Wow you are totally right, don't worry though one day those dogs are going to bite the wrong snake.

Last edited:
Who are we to judge? Have you seen the state of the hobby recently?

This is just my opinion but it just annoys me :/
Snakes are my favourite animal and I understand that one of your pets or whatever have been bitten or killed by a snake (someone said their cat was killed by a lizard once -.-)
Anyway... My parents have 2 dogs that kill native animals, they have 8 foot fences now and have snake proof mesh (even though it wouldn't be for hatchies) but they have at least tried, I can understand that some people dont have the money to do that but at least try and do something?
I just love my snakes and I feel disheartened when I saw a dead snake on the side of the road, letting alone hearing peoples animals rip them to pieces...

- - - Updated - - -

Who are we to judge? Have you seen the state of the hobby recently?

What do you mean?

Whilst I can understand where your coming from , and some owners may be rednecks who encourage the behavior but there not all like that and sometimes it doesn't matter what you do to try and stop it from happening it happens again My house backs on to national parks , I get a lot of reptilian visitors mainly blue tounges and the odd dragon , my dog has unfortunately killed 2 blueys both times she has been in a lot of trouble and given a lil smack ( I hate smacking her unless it's serious ) The very first time she did it I did my best to ensure that they couldn't get back into my yard by putting up that snake mesh along the bottoms of my fence line it still happened again despite my effort

It funny that dogs and cats have come in and are hurting wildlife just like cane toads but everyone hates cane toads. And most don't give a stuff about feral dogs and cats

Last edited:
Hazarous , read my post properly this time , I agree 100% that's why I smacked her I think your confused and think I'm saying I didn't smack her because it wasn't seroius , which is totally wrong So I take it that yoou re read my post which is why you have edited out the crap ?

Last edited:
It's dangerous for all parties involved! Dogs and cats should be kept away from snakes at all costs. One way or another an animal is going to get hurt and I'm sure the owner will care allot more if it is 'Precious' getting hurt and not the red-belly Precious was dragging off a rock.

Hazarous , read my post properly this time , I agree 100% that's why I smacked her I think your confused and think I'm saying I didn't smack her because it wasn't seroius , which is totally wrong So I take it that yoou re read my post which is why you have edited out the crap ?
Yeah i looked back on it and releasd it was garbage, and really stupid plus I read back in your post. Sorry about that stupid comment

OH nothing worse than coming to your front door to find your sweet, innocent, beautiful, charming cat (bell collar adorned) has presented you with the most amazing native grass parrot....displayed picturesquely on the front mat in 5 pieces.

Should have ensured cat stayed inside or in a cat run.

So maybe the reptile restrictions , ie natives only , should aply to ALL pets. Most of our pets are , except the soft little furry bunny

Just a thought !!!???!!

borntobnude - I am not sure where you are coming from however I dont think dogs and cats should be restricted, I just think owners need to be more responsible and wake up!

ours does that but with rat intestines head and tail just says they love you hahahahahha

ours does that but with rat intestines head and tail just says they love you hahahahahha

Says you should take more responsibilty for your cat and stop it from wandering round killing native wildlife.

yes a big carpet comes and eats a dog or cat and its all over the news and the owners of the pet usually kill the snake. the amount of times Ive had people say "kill it" when i find a snake around work is sickening. seems most people think if its not cute and fluffy it deserves to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back