Hi!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rahdakrishna

Reaction score
Hi people, Just decided I really needed a good place to chat about reptiles. I've been visiting this site for ages taking advantage of your wisdom and advice, so I thought it might be time I joined up so I can post too.

To introduce myself - Well, I'm Mandy. Live on Mid North Coast of NSW. Fairly new to reptiles, got my first python about 12 months ago. He is a Diamond. Now I am the proud possessor of a juvenile MD, a juvenile Prosperpine/Darwin cross, and a four year old Bredli. I am just loving this snake owning! They are so beautiful. I think they must be rather addictive, as I've added another three to my collection since last year!

Anyway, hope to have lots of great chats and get some advice from some of you much more experienced reptile owners!

Cheers,
Mandy

Hey there Mandy.
GOod to hear from you! Sounds like you have some awesome snakes :)

Thanks for the welcome guys! I am so looking forward to hearing all about your reptiles! I guess the good news is that my Bredli who had a burn on the top of his head (before I got him) shed last night with no trouble and has just demolished a hopper rat. I haven't had him long so I'm relieved that he's acting 'normal'. :lol: I would like to ask if anybody handles their juveniles with gloves? My two small ones the MD and the Proserpine x are about the same age. When I bought the Proserpine last weekend, the breeder used a pair of gardening gloves to handle her, saying that the juveniles soon get tired of biting at the glove. I know that most juveniles are very snappy, but is it a good idea to use these gloves when handling them?

Hi and welcome to APS, different people have different views on wearing gloves. The only reason you would wear gloves, is to give you more confidence in handling the snake. The snake will get the idea that biting you does not do anything, gloves or not. So if it makes you feel more confident handling snake with gloves, then that would be why you wear them. Hope I helped.

Thanks for the reply. I am not too worried about the bites. They just sting and itch a little. I need to get my confidence up with the juveniles anyway as they are both really snappy and strike at anything. I think I will just use the gloves for the Bredli as he is four years old and was never handled much and is inclined to move suddenly, though whenever he's struck at me he's never really made serious contact. I just hope the small ones grow out of their continual striking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back