Threw Up!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spydon

Reaction score
I have a coastal & a Jungle that I fed two nights ago. Now the dilemma is not only did the coastal throw up her two rats but now also the Jungle has too but the Jungle is trying to eat his for the second time round. Should I try to stop him or let him be?

I figure all this is to do with stress from passers by the enclosure in the kitchen, so I will be moving them in my room in the near future once they settle down from this ordeal in a week or so.

my kids pass by my enclosure all the time and i have never had this happen. Are u sure they r not sick! were the feeds fresh? just seems odd that they r both throwing up. :?

What temperatures are you getting in the hot and cold ends?

Have you checked your temps? The most common cause of regurgitation is an environment with insufficient heat for digestion

Its not an issue from being in a common area... like others have said, I would be checking the temps/wellbeing of animal first!!

If they are smashing 2 rats down... i dont see the placement of tank an issue.....

DONT!! let your jungle eat a 2 day old half digested rat either!
It threw it up for a reason!!

Whwn snakes throw up there meal as you put it has to do with not enough heat reptiles can not figest there food without enough heat and afterwoods wash out there mouths they wont like it but they may have bad baxteria because regurgitated rodents are very foul smelling because they are rotten coastals average a heat of about 33 hot end all my reptiles are a bit higher than that but there happy and doing well if your jungle is trying to eat it again take it away and throw the rodent away improve the heat and should not happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back