Snake Ranch Releasing Albino Spotteds Again???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it, the demand for these things will be huge, it will be a long long time before supply out does demand, keep saving!

In 2009 or there abouts when i first looked in to albino darwins they were in the thousands, now you can pick them up for $500 for a looker.. it wont take long i dont think.
you can only charge so much for antaresia species albino or not, plus i know of a few people breeding them this year so in 3 years this years clutches will produce offspring and so on. Id say 3 to 4 years they will still be expensive but affordable for most hobby owners. remembering bigger breeders have to support a large breeding facility and their prices have to cover larger costs and so on.

lol I hope id love to own em one day :)

Jmo

In 2009 or there abouts when i first looked in to albino darwins they were in the thousands, now you can pick them up for $500 for a looker.. it wont take long i dont think.
you can only charge so much for antaresia species albino or not, plus i know of a few people breeding them this year so in 3 years this years clutches will produce offspring and so on. Id say 3 to 4 years they will still be expensive but affordable for most hobby owners. remembering bigger breeders have to support a large breeding facility and their prices have to cover larger costs and so on.

lol I hope id love to own em one day :)

Jmo

Time will tell.You say you know 3 people who will be breeding them this season.Will they or is it more wishful thinking on their parts than anything else?
Plenty of people in this hobby tend to talk the talk but that's where it ends.

From what I know about the albino ants is that there is still a lot of work to be done to make them robust and work through the problems that they carry.

Time will tell.You say you know 3 people who will be breeding them this season.Will they or is it more wishful thinking on their parts than anything else?
Plenty of people in this hobby tend to talk the talk but that's where it ends.

From what I know about the albino ants is that there is still a lot of work to be done to make them robust and work through the problems that they carry.

your right, I know people breeding them.. the success i figure will vary.

Wow well I thought Albino Spotted's were supposed to be pure white like olives but whiter? hhmmm although a beautiful snake I must admit to being a little disappointed, not what I was led to believe they would look like. Why would you pay $11k for these when you could get a really beautiful pair of Albino Darwins for around $2k?

Personally while I have the money to buy a pair I think I will wait it out and see how their genetics play out. I'll wait until the success stories come to light, both with SR and others before investing that much cash into something even such an experienced breeder has struggled with....I already know of other breeders that have hets that did not take again this year.

Patience is a virtue and all that....pretty sure they were offered at $15k last year and are already just over $11k for a pair this year when nothing has been sold yet....

These spotteds have one thing going for them once they get going that no other morph if you want to call it has had yet and that is exposure, these are the only ones that can get into pet shops that are allowed to have snakes in (NT ,SA, VIC. and QLD) which will help :) solar 17 (baden)

morgan dragon - comparing these to albino darwins is pointless - why buy a pair of albino darwins for 2K when you could get some really nice womas for $500?

People will buy them because they like albino spotteds and badens point about being able to sell them in petshops or on commercial licence here in Qld is a big bonus.

morgan dragon - comparing these to albino darwins is pointless - why buy a pair of albino darwins for 2K when you could get some really nice womas for $500?

People will buy them because they like albino spotteds and badens point about being able to sell them in petshops or on commercial licence here in Qld is a big bonus.
morgan dragon already has some nice womas:)

Patience is a virtue and all that....pretty sure they were offered at $15k last year and are already just over $11k for a pair this year when nothing has been sold yet....

They were the same price last year and 11 on the 20:20 deal. Nothing has changed in price.

there is a whitish marbled childreni for sale on RDU right now, almost as good as an albino spotted.

These spotteds have one thing going for them once they get going that no other morph if you want to call it has had yet and that is exposure, these are the only ones that can get into pet shops that are allowed to have snakes in (NT ,SA, VIC. and QLD) which will help :) solar 17 (baden)

Aside from the Marble Children's Python ;-)

They were the same price last year and 11 on the 20:20 deal. Nothing has changed in price.

Ah ok thanks, must have been the non 20/20 price I remembered..

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I compare a yellow and white Albino to Albino...you compare them to a woma? And you say my post was pointless? I said I was disappointed because I was under the impression they were an all white snake, not a white and yellow like a Darwin. Perhaps you should read the post instead of just trying to troll. By all means show me an Albino Woma for $500 and I will happily buy a pair and risk the $$ if they doesn't breed or pass on stronger genetics for a generation or two ;)

People will buy whatever they like regardless of either yours or my opinion, I simply asked why anyone would pay 5x the price for an animal with the same colouring only smaller that is not genetically proven out yet. You can say it was a pointless comparison if you like but it was one I made none the less and an opinion I'm entitled too :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

morgan dragon already has some nice womas:)

well thankyou and yes, yes I do....some beautiful reduced pattern rhd's :D - oh and some really nice Albino Darwins for that matter ;)

Last edited:
From what I gather the albino spotted pythons fade out to near patternless as they mature, from memory this is what happened with Ribald Rodney (think that's his name), Snakeranches founding male.

my comparison of buying womas instead was being sarcastic -comparing albino spotteds to albino darwins is not comparing apples with apples - they are completely different and thats why people will want and buy them. Anyway, thats my opinion....

my comparison of buying womas instead was being sarcastic -comparing albino spotteds to albino darwins is not comparing apples with apples - they are completely different and thats why people will want and buy them. Anyway, thats my opinion....[/Q
mate take a deeep breath , its all ok ,

- - - Updated - - -

my comparison of buying womas instead was being sarcastic -comparing albino spotteds to albino darwins is not comparing apples with apples - they are completely different and thats why people will want and buy them. Anyway, thats my opinion....
mate take a breath , its all ok

anyway, moving on.....I'd interested to hear from people who have bred these, or at least attempted to, and what the difficulties/weaknesses with the line are. Ive heard of eggs dying during incubation, albino hatchys dying full term, shortly after hatching etc etc but it has always been 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand info.

How old was Ribald when snake ranch first tried to breed him? If was a bit immature that could explain the poor fertility rates but they have been releasing hets for a while so it is obviously tied to the visuals that is the problem, or they have been holding back whathever visuals they produced in previous years. I know simon stone struggled the first time he tried to to breed a male marble as he was a bit young and got poor results that year - maybe another year or so and the results from the albinos will improve.

Last edited:
anyway, moving on.....I'd interested to hear from people who have bred these, or at least attempted to, and what the difficulties/weaknesses with the line are. Ive heard of eggs dying during incubation, albino hatchys dying full term, shortly after hatching etc etc but it has always been 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand info.

How old was Ribald when snake ranch first tried to breed him? If was a bit immature that could explain the poor fertility rates but they have been releasing hets for a while so it is obviously tied to the visuals that is the problem, or they have been holding back whathever visuals they produced in previous years. I know simon stone struggled the first time he tried to to breed a male marble as he was a bit young and got poor results that year - maybe another year or so and the results from the albinos will improve.

The project/s has been going on for quite a few years now and results to date have been disappointing to say the least.Given that ants can reproduce at a very young age and are easy to breed says to me that they are far from being an established line and a lot more work needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back