Convince the other half

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroy1983

Reaction score
I looking at getting myself my first death adder and when I told the better half she cracked the sads. What's the best way to convince her?
Thanks

Promise her that you won't be stupid with it. It isn't like a python so won't be out of its enclosure, and the enclosure will be locked so it cannot get out. If you need to do any work with it, if she doesn't want to be there to watch, then respect her wishes, and wait till she isn't around. She may come around on her own accord, but trying to force the issue onto someone only makes them more defensive about why you shouldn't get it.

If you really care about her feelings, you won't expect her to change her mind overnight. Just work on it.

Have a heart. Obviously she doesn't want an adder around. She's probably thinking of all the dangers and injury issues. I think you should listen to your better half and respect her wishes.............. Now, quickly get on the net and get yourself an RBBS. Problem solved:D

Do what i did and soften her up with a golden snake Bracelet.. Then go buy the real thing. ;) (or the respect think like above :p

Heres a pic of the bracelet worked a charm :p

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 196
Greggles that is lush where did you get it from?
Leeroy, you can try to educate her/ persuade her by finding another keeper and going out there for the day for a meet and greet. Meeting others in the fancy (or insanity) sometimes helps to sway the thoughts to your way. But I also agree if that doesn't work let it be. Consider her rejection of vens as open slather for everything else!

Why did she crack the sads? Are they valid concerns or is she just being an a$$?

If they are valid concerns, sit down and talk through it with her, explain why you want one, and address each of her concerns thoroughly. If she's being an a$$hat for no reason, buy her off with something awesome... like a snake bracelet:)

You should have done what I did: started being a crazy animal person before you met the other party, and in the beginning stages when everything's still amazing all the time, make it clear that you will always be allowed to have whatever animals you want, because they're your animals and you say so.
Hehe, I'm not ready for vens yet, but would love a RBB one day, and my boyfriend's trying to tell me that I'm not allowed to get one, even though he knows damn well I'm going to get whatever animals I want:D silly guy:)

My partner won't let me have elapids wither..but he has been very accepting of every other animal ive added to out collection. Its all about compromise.

We decided i could have infinite gtps but no elapids :)

Maybe it's the name that put the wind up her, say ok baby if I can't have a DEATH adder how about we start small and try a BEAUTIFUL AMBER ADDER and see how We go with that!!!! If that doesn't work just get it, she wont stay made at you forever, and you'll get some piece and quiet for awhile till she gets over it!!!!.................come on someone had to go there!!!!

Buy it.
Take the bashing/sooking/no sex etc etc
She will get over it :)

I think adders are BEAUTIFUL, my mrs does too and she hates snakes :p So if anything its a nice, pretty, show off item.

Example: Mrs wouldnt let me get the python, i just went and got it. Took the cranky rage. Then a week or 2 later, her friend comes over. What happens? SHE BRAGS about it being beautiful and so lovely. Taking the bloody credit!! hahaha just made me even more happy :)

My missus said I wasn't allowed to keep a python. Then she said well, as long as you don't get venomous snakes. Then she said, no guns. I wonder what else she'll tell me :D Respect is a 2-way street. She should respect what I want. It's not like I'm asking to go swinging....yet :lol: :D

to heck with your partners feelings, someone you say you love yet obviously dont respect

you have NO right to force her to do anything

shes said "NO" why not respect that, maybe eventually she will change her mind but of course if she doesnt you could always pack up and move into a place of your own and leave her in peace

I agree w disintegratus, they should've known what they were getting themselves into. I spent a week camping playing with microbats and told my boyfriend if the risk of rabies is too much for him he's with the wrong girl!

He plays Call of Duty and I read books when he does. Compromise and respect.

I figure this. I never stop my missus doing anything she'd like to do. I've never stood in the way of her hobbies, passions....hell, even her shopping :lol: I expect the same in return. You get one crack at life. It shouldn't be a case of being dictated to, being told what to do, or have restrictions placed on ones self. It's all about growing each other, and if you're there limiting that growth...then...hmmm (say no more)

Just be single!!!!!!!!!!!! Only worry about yourself ;) problem solved but i doubt a death adder will come snuggle with you at night or give you love cook ya dinner have ya babies etc etc (it prob just wanna bite ya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back