The smell ohh the smell

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm,over the years I have found that cleaning the enclosure works really well.

What Ramsayi said lol. Are they just leaving it in the enclosure or something? They should definitely clean it out as soon as they notice it, it's not overly good for the snake to be paddling around in it's own mess.

x

try ebay look up Reptile cage surface cleaner/ disintectant by callington 3in1 pet space. Pet Space 3 in 1 cage surface cleaner and disinfectant with air freshener. i have not tried this product but have orded 1 and will try it out as some snake poo does linger but has never been that bad.
[h=1][/h]

After cleaning, open the window and put a small fan on. Much the same as when someone stinks out your toilet.

Big snake, big food = the same effect a big person would have after going to an all you can eat dinner party. Just do what Snowman said and open some windows.

whenever i clean out the enclosures i take everything out and use something called cage wizard its like reptile cleaning disinfectant

You get used to it after awhile, and then soon the smell will only bothers guests, which has its bonuses.

Lol that reminds me of an episode of signfield.. hmmm chanel

or Cheech and Chong

'Looks like poo, smells like poo, feels like poo, tastes like poo.Must be poo.Good thing we didn't step in it!"

That could ask the snakes to flush and close the door?

The rest of the folks have nailed it, not much can be done unfortunately, just clean it quickly and open a window

We have a system, the V-Cell, that we have been distributing exclusively through Stein Enclosures for the past few months while we tweak the design and get it ready for full production. If you are looking for an enclosure from Stein Enclosures, be sure to request the addition of the system.

This system was showcased at the Scales & Tails Festival 2011. At the time, it was Version 1 on display. Since then the system has been updated to it's current Version 2 format.

The system will pull air out of your enclosure and through a special activated carbon filter it will extract the hydrogen sulfide (the smelly stuff) and promote fresh airflow into the enclosure.

The system will be available online soon as an order item, however if you are interested now, you contact me directly via PM to arrange a system to be produced.

how's about a scented candle? I don't burn them but they are in jars with lids. when someone does a stinky (Jub the beardie is the worst) I take the lids off. the warmth in the room helps and I have more then one. if not one of those plug in room airfreshners or an oil burner

We have a system, the V-Cell, that we have been distributing exclusively through Stein Enclosures for the past few months while we tweak the design and get it ready for full production. If you are looking for an enclosure from Stein Enclosures, be sure to request the addition of the system.

This system was showcased at the Scales & Tails Festival 2011. At the time, it was Version 1 on display. Since then the system has been updated to it's current Version 2 format.

The system will pull air out of your enclosure and through a special activated carbon filter it will extract the hydrogen sulfide (the smelly stuff) and promote fresh airflow into the enclosure.

The system will be available online soon as an order item, however if you are interested now, you contact me directly via PM to arrange a system to be produced.

Seee....I was well happy with my enclosures until you posted that.

not sure if this is okay or not? ... but i put eucalyptus oil on a tissue/ toilet paper and wipe my enclosure over (it's lino stapled to ply bottoms) before i lay down newspaper just to kill any bugs etc. plus puts a nice smell . . . just make sure the fans on when i leave too, dont want that smell too strong around the reptiles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back