Snake Ranch Releasing Albino Spotteds Again???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 6 healthy looking eggs out of my young pair of hets,so will see what happens in about a month.

Excuse my ignorance here but can someone (Ramsayi) explain how the weakness likely comes about and how you strengthen it? I know that, as with Olives, people seem to prefer, say putting two hets together rather than pairing hets directly back to albino parents but, either way, the albino gene is the same (right?). So does the "strengthening" come about because possible other genetic weaknesses inherent in that the single line has or does the actual albino gene change when you outcross it as well? Hope that makes sense...

The easiest way would be to out cross the line, Then bring the new line back in over the Alb line but this takes a few years to do but it is something that needs to be done

Reptileaddiction contact snake ranch and ask them they have very good customer service they mus have at least more than one pair of adults there otherwise they wouldnt or shouldnt advertise after what after last season

After last time if there was a possibility of not supplying I'm sure they would not do the 20/20 again that would be stupid.

Spotted pythons have clutches half the size of carpets and have a much greater demand due to their size, reputation for being a great beginners python and the fact that in some states anterasia are the only family of python that can be sold in pet shops, because of these reasons I think they will hold their price for a very long time.

From Snake Ranch:
As is often the case with keystone projects, progress is never as fast as planned.

Last season the project was struck with especially bad luck during incubation on many of the clutches. In order to produce the most genetically diverse offspring as possible many of the pairings involved young male hets, this gamble proved to be unwise and eventuated in clutches with various numbers of slugs. Along with fluctuations in incubation temperatures, our het to albino ratios suffered so it was decided to hold onto all the offspring produced.

This season we opted to use the same parings as last year in order to prove/disprove any issues with the project. We are happy to say that unlike last year the vast majority of eggs seem perfect at the mid point of incubation, therefore our decision to offer some pairs for sale demonstrates our confidence in the project in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back