Young Angle Headed Dragon Gravid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggles91

Reaction score
Hey Every one,

I have a angle headed dragon trio Snap, Crackle and Pop... and i think Snap (my male) must of done the horizontal cha cha with crackle as she is really fat in the belly! Having said that i cant feel any eggs and she hasn't been digging or anything. She is only around 8 months old though i know this is quite young i just hope its not going to cause any problems for my little girl?

having said that could it just be that she might be a little constipated? cause of her age i assumed that first so i didn't feed her last night but today she looked even bigger.

any way, what do you guys recon?

p.s shes still eating like a beast (probably more enthusiastic than normal.. hasn't slowed down yet.

Attachments

• 220617_10151253160811419_1430706670_o.jpg
    220617_10151253160811419_1430706670_o.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 164
woaaaahhhhh thats a big belly i thought if she was gravid u would be able to feel or see the bumps ???? maybe she is stealing all the food xD

Lol definitely a Possibility! In the past few days ive seem her polish hugr amounts of
roaches then decide to go for her own leg! :p.. anyway I hope at this stage impaction is not a possibility? Should I continue to feed her the same
amount or lesson the amount incase shes constipated?

Lol definitely a Possibility! In the past few days ive seem her polish hugr amounts of
roaches then decide to go for her own leg! :p.. anyway I hope at this stage impaction is not a possibility? Should I continue to feed her the same
amount or lesson the amount incase shes constipated?

if u have a rough idea of how often she does a poo that would be useful if she hasnt pooed in a while i might wanna go check it out if i were u maybe try feeding her in a different box to stop her from eating all the others food id probs just say she is a very greedy dragon but if the stomach keeps on getting bigger after feeding her in different box i would lessen her food and go see ur reptile doctor

If you think she might be just constipated, a bath always helps me with my beardie when he hasn't had a poo in a few days. It also really helps with sheds, which your angle appears to be shedding.

If you think she might be just constipated, a bath always helps me with my beardie when he hasn't had a poo in a few days. It also really helps with sheds, which your angle appears to be shedding.

yeh thats also a really good idea

Not sure about how often they go bathroom as they love to do it in there waterfall and i wouldn't know who's is who's poop! i shall try the bath tonight if i get time other wise it will have to be sunday when i get back from melbourne.

ye only 8 months.. hmmm

Greggles, I am currently having the same issue with one of my angles, she is so fat in the belly and i am worried she is constipated too as she is only around 8 months old too

Greggles, I am currently having the same issue with one of my angles, she is so fat in the belly and i am worried she is constipated too as she is only around 8 months old too

Well we shall be there to support each other!! :p how many do you have? let me know how it pans out shell. ill be heading down melbourne for the week end so not gonna know whats happening till sunday/monday.

i dunno what I'm hoping though.. hoping that she gravid n not constipated if eggs are viable! :) or hoping she's constipated and it passes. not sure if there will be complication to be gravid at this age?

I read a care sheet which said that SAHD's can apparently breed at under a years age.

[will have to be sunday when i get back from melbourne.

mmmmm must be going to see the mighty swans WIN :D

Well we shall be there to support each other!! :p how many do you have? let me know how it pans out shell. ill be heading down melbourne for the week end so not gonna know whats happening till sunday/monday.

I have 3 also, the fat one is still fat lol, but hasnt gotten any worse and it doesnt appear to be bothering her.....

I have 3 also, the fat one is still fat lol, but hasnt gotten any worse and it doesnt appear to be bothering her.....

Awesome! :) ye got home and she's not as big but still big.. think she is just over indulging in those roaches ;) ..

[will have to be sunday when i get back from melbourne.

mmmmm must be going to see the mighty swans WIN :D

and yes nude, i did go to watch the swannies win!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohoooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back