Tree Snake getting her mouth flushed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowdnboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this. Ive noticed recently my gold phase CTS has been digging alot in the substrate. Hopefully gravid and looking for a lay spot. Anyway, last week I noticed her mouth wasnt right, looked like a growth or swelling. On closer inspection, turned out to be the coar peat (substrate) in her mouth. Over the last week now, ive flushed it out each time with some water and syringe. She didnt seem to be able to get it out on her own, but just built up more the more she dug.

As I type this now, after washing her mouth, she's straight back roaming the enclosure and digging again.!!

Cheers :D

Sorry about the quality. Camera is on the way out I think, focus is up the ****.

Common Tree Snake getting her mouth flushed - YouTube

Hey Cathy, yer if she did it all the time, I would. I'm hoping the reason she is digging alot recently is she is looking for a place to lay her eggs? Well I'm hoping anyway. She's only been doing it for the last week. Normally she doesnt dig right down into it.

Cheers

This is just a suggestion but if you thinks she is gravid why don't you give her a nesting box, and alot more hides just so she feels secure ,finds a place to lay her eggs and looses the urge to dig. It wouldn't hurt even to cover her enclosure with a light cloth just so she feels secure. It might help her. BTW really nice tree snake man, hope you get some eggs.

beautiful looking tree man hope she is gravid would love to see the hatchies

Yer, shes got plenty of hides in their already. and plenty of time during the day to be alone. Just one of those things. shes gunna do what she's gunna do unfortunately. Doesnt seem to bother her too much. Probably bothers me more....but I dont want it too build up to much.

As for eggs....Hmm time will tell I suppose

Hi Bowdnboy it was abit hard to see on the video but If i was you i would not be to worryed about it. The main thing i would be keeping a eye on are the nostrals make shaw they are all good. But you probly all ready are. From my expireance with peat used in terrariums. Is that it dose not get stuck in the animals bowel or intestine. So you have a very low chance of your snake getting a impacted bowel. I keep frogs in peat filled terariums and the frogs tend to eat alot of it with no problems. Got about 100 frogs like that. Plus in the wild these guys are going to get dirt in the jaw grove (is that what its called) and i would think they would fined a way of geting it out.

Hi Bowdnboy it was abit hard to see on the video but If i was you i would not be to worryed about it. The main thing i would be keeping a eye on are the nostrals make shaw they are all good. But you probly all ready are. From my expireance with peat used in terrariums. Is that it dose not get stuck in the animals bowel or intestine. So you have a very low chance of your snake getting a impacted bowel. I keep frogs in peat filled terariums and the frogs tend to eat alot of it with no problems. Got about 100 frogs like that. Plus in the wild these guys are going to get dirt in the jaw grove (is that what its called) and i would think they would fined a way of geting it out.

This hurt my brain to read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back