Convince the other half

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, whether it's good advice or not is extremely subjective ;), but a very important piece of advice nonetheless:

It's always easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission. :)
gold mate, love it.......i bought the subject of vens with my cook and she said wait till the youngest kid is 6 or 7, her fear is not them getting out but the kids seeing daddy handling snakes at home then seeing them ut in the paddock or school groun and thinking its ok cos daddy does it.........think i'm gunna start a new threa on that subject

gold mate, love it.......i bought the subject of vens with my cook and she said wait till the youngest kid is 6 or 7, her fear is not them getting out but the kids seeing daddy handling snakes at home then seeing them ut in the paddock or school groun and thinking its ok cos daddy does it.........think i'm gunna start a new threa on that subject

wen you say "my cook" is she a paid cook or you refering to your partner the mother of your children?

wen you say "my cook" is she a paid cook or you refering to your partner the mother of your children?

yep wife,missus, other half, minister for finance and approvals, partner what ever you like to call her......your not from the bush are ya?

There's some golden advice here. The thought did cross my mind just to get it anyway but ended up compromising so as soon as find a nice red belly or copperhead I've got the reluctant thumbs up. Then I'll run the adder idea past her again in a few months

yep wife,missus, other half, minister for finance and approvals, partner what ever you like to call her......your not from the bush are ya?

its just if my husband ever refered to me as his cook, he'd be doing the cooking for the rest of his life lol. i was born on a farm and lived their for a few years but my parents taught me to take no mans crap.

There's some golden advice here. The thought did cross my mind just to get it anyway but ended up compromising so as soon as find a nice red belly or copperhead I've got the reluctant thumbs up. Then I'll run the adder idea past her again in a few months
Mate, all problems solved. As soon as you get an Rb, or copperhead, you wont want an adder. Then your missus will be happy, and you can get another pseudechi!!!! Happy wife........ Happy Life:D

Great to hear ya have sorted it out,
and my WIFE is a good sport and doesn't take any crap either but she also takes things with a grain of salt!

My missus said I wasn't allowed to keep a python. Then she said well, as long as you don't get venomous snakes. Then she said, no guns. I wonder what else she'll tell me :D Respect is a 2-way street. She should respect what I want. It's not like I'm asking to go swinging....yet :lol: :D

My EX wife wouldn't let me keep reptiles, own guns, or even move to another state in order to earn twice the salary I was earning at the time - and that's just a short list of her 'rules'. Notice the emphasis on the prefix "EX". Just saying...

Great to hear ya have sorted it out,

and my WIFE is a good sport and doesn't take any crap either but she also takes things with a grain of salt!

well lucky you that she takes it with a grain of salt, cause i definatly wouldn't accept my partner calling me his cook. unless he was joking and it was a one off thing.

well lucky you that she takes it with a grain of salt, cause i definatly wouldn't accept my partner calling me his cook. unless he was joking and it was a one off thing.

thank god ya not my missus then................i also told her about this thread and what you have been saying and her response was some women need to lighten up and relax...........i dont think this needs to continue do you this has nothing to do with ol' mates original post!

By all means work on it and bring the subject up every once and a while but I can tell you from experience....after gathering a collection of roughly 45 pythons we both enjoy, a crapload of lizards and geckos etc I would still crack the sads as you put it if hubby even mentioned wanting to get a ven (and I guarantee he would have one if I allowed it, he brought up the subject of a couple on offer a few days ago testing the waters) ;)

Why can you not accept that she does not want something dangerous in the house?

As for those that said to bribe her or push her into a corner etc remember that it's a two way street and I guarantee you it will not end well if you force the issue too often, especially if she feels really strongly about it!! If hubby brought home a ven even now all hell would break loose at home and as much as I love him either the ven goes or he goes with it and leaves the rest of the collection and the children and rest of the zoo here....but am happy to look at any python he wants to consider ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I get Minister of War and Finance lol.....

'Happy wife = Happy life' and all that :p

Don't worry, HER INDOORS doesn't like the idea of my with vens either. But at first she didn't want pythons or lizards, she got over that. Didn't want me getting my rifles back, then I took her shooting, now she's a member of the ssaa. Shell come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back