enclosure heat help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilez123

Reaction score
hey ive bought all i need for a hatchie python that im thinking of getting sometime soon but just wondering my temps on the thermostat and thermometer read it at about 32-30 on the hot side although when i feel that area with my hand it does not feel that warm is it normal? (this is with a heat mat and click clack tub)

Last edited:
hey ive bought all i need for a hatchie python that im thinking of getting sometime soon but just wondering my temps on the thermostat and thermometer read it at about 32-30 on the hot side although when i feel that area with my hand it does not feel that warm is it normal? (this is with a heat mat and click clack tub)

When you consider normal human body temp is 37 then 32 wouldn't feel that warm.Go by what the thermometer reads.

As Ramsayi said, it's probably right, but rely on a thermometer. Remember, snakey is cold-blooded and feels that warmth more than we do.

I got a similar problem. Except, I got my thermostat set to 34c (recommended for a spotty apparently) but on my thermometer, it reads 27-29c. Its been plugged in for over 24 hrs so one would think it be warm enough by now. It's a 600mm x 300mm x 300mm so its a fairly small tank. I have a heat mat that takes up between 1/3 and 1/2 of the floor. The heat mat is under the bottom of the glass tank and I have about an inch of bark on top. The heat mat is plugged into my thermostat. I also have a UV light that is about the heat mat (at the top of the enclosure). My thermometer screen is outside the enclosure but the actual thermometer stick is mid way between the bark and the glass that has the heat mat under it. I'm 100% sure I have it set up correctly. Some things just don't make sense in this world :S

I got a similar problem. Except, I got my thermostat set to 34c (recommended for a spotty apparently) but on my thermometer, it reads 27-29c. Its been plugged in for over 24 hrs so one would think it be warm enough by now. It's a 600mm x 300mm x 300mm so its a fairly small tank. I have a heat mat that takes up between 1/3 and 1/2 of the floor. The heat mat is under the bottom of the glass tank and I have about an inch of bark on top. The heat mat is plugged into my thermostat. I also have a UV light that is about the heat mat (at the top of the enclosure). My thermometer screen is outside the enclosure but the actual thermometer stick is mid way between the bark and the glass that has the heat mat under it. I'm 100% sure I have it set up correctly. Some things just don't make sense in this world :S

Thermostat settings are not generally too accurate,you need to adjust your temps based on the thermometer reading.

Thermostat settings are not generally too accurate,you need to adjust your temps based on the thermometer reading.

Oh ok, I'll turn it up to 37-38 see if it'll raise the temp.

I also just put a bit of wood at the back of the glass, to try keep some heat in.

P.s. Your avatar gets me everytime I look at the screen. I keep going to brush off a bug lol

Last edited:
Stick your finger in a tropical fish tank which should be set to 28 degrees, It feels more on the cold side because we are warm animals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back