Austin Stevens reptile videos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent seen his australian on any where on youtube sorry, but its on dvd and you might be able to get that on ebay or something

austin stevens is awesome i like the seven deadly strikes video lol he gets bitten by an adder! and also a cobra!

He is good for his age (62) and he married an Australian in 2007 so there is no faulting his taste in women.

I havent seen his australian on any where on youtube sorry, but its on dvd and you might be able to get that on ebay or something

Yeah, I bought it off amazon for $2! And it is in very good condition and the customer rating for the seller is 99%.

Long shipping time though :( It's gonna be here approximatly October 31st...Which is my mothers B-day. It's coming from the UK.

All these shows are staged,Steve Irwin and even David Attenborough included.Just that some aren't as much over the top as others.

Yeah, I bought it off amazon for $2! And it is in very good condition and the customer rating for the seller is 99%.

Long shipping time though :( It's gonna be here approximatly October 31st...Which is my mothers B-day. It's coming from the UK.
Hhaah its gunna be mad, to bad it takes ages haha

- - - Updated - - -

All these shows are staged,Steve Irwin and even David Attenborough included.Just that some aren't as much over the top as others.
so your saying all the snakes he finds are not wild, therefore saying he owns giant anacondas, reticulated pythons, king cobras and many other dangerous animals that all have a bad attitude? and just manages to transport these gigantic animals half way around the world and is able to carry them through a rainforest and just put them there??? yeah because that seems possible...

- - - Updated - - -

Steve Irwin and even David Attenborough included
How is Steve Irwin and David Attenborough staged?.... Just because they have knowledge about animals and know how to handle them doesn't make them staged, if i recall at the end of a episode of life in cold blood, david Attenborough takes you through how he finds the animals e.g he was with a group of scientist in search of a microchipped rattle snake and left automatic cameras and actually filmed to first ever wild rattle snake eat its prey (or something like that), so if you know so much y not make a youtube account and go out and catch your own reptiles ;)

How is Steve Irwin and David Attenborough staged?.... Just because they have knowledge about animals and know how to handle them doesn't make them staged, if i recall at the end of a episode of life in cold blood, david Attenborough takes you through how he finds the animals e.g he was with a group of scientist in search of a microchipped rattle snake and left automatic cameras and actually filmed to first ever wild rattle snake eat its prey (or something like that), so if you know so much y not make a youtube account and go out and catch your own reptiles ;)

If someone,who incidentally happens to be a member on here, supplies an animal/s for the filming of part of a particular show would you say that would be staged or not?

He needs to do a bit more research... In the Australian episode he finds a St George mulga in the Atherton Tablelands, pulls a dog tame coastal tai out of the cane fields, races against a cyclone in winter time, and carries on about how hard scrub pythons are to find and that you need to travel to some mythical place called 'the valley of snakes' and climb huge trees to find them.

Having worked on the otherside of the camera (working the critters out of shot). There is certainly a side of rehearsal to the docos I have worked on.... A script, shot list etc all play a part.... Then you have bloopers... Forgotten lines, animals that don't behave etc.

cheers
scott

The fact is Womagaunt, if they didn't stage some of it they would spend too much or even run out of money making the films.
Heaps of Irwins clip are set up and I also know of people who supplied reptiles for staging. Irwins shows were about entertainment value first and foremost (and they certainly were) integrity however, that’s along way down the line. I don't mind if they recreate events but don't like the pretending. Heaps of the Foxtell so called reality shows are so setup these days it’s an insult to our intelligence. Lizard Lick towing and storage wars, what a joke.

womagaunt, I'm not trying to downgrade Attenborough's work or name as I have tremendous admiration for him and maintain his work is the pinnacle of the field, but yes there is staging. Do some research as there are many accounts of such staging. I'm by no means saying all of it is staged or using captive animals but a significant proportion of it is which many people don't recognize. At the end of the day documentaries are for entertainment as stated above, I still enjoy watching documentaries

A search on this site will find you a certain member supplied a scrubby for the valley of snakes and it came back in worse for wear than when it left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back