This makes me angrier than almost anything...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I only want to help: Psychic to sceptics | Stuff.co.nz

I know there's a lot of people on here who will completely agree - that there is nothing worse than people who say they can talk to the dead.

The people of Christchurch and Pike River have suffered enough and now this??? And worse of all she's Australian!!!

This makes me SICK!

Feeding off people's misery...

It's funny how " despite criticism by sceptics." makes it sound like the sceptics are on the 'wrong' side!!!

These people are neither gifted nor talented. Nor are they anything short of entertainers (and the wrong end of the spectrum for me).

Worse thing again... EVERY single death at Pike River or Christchurch has HUGE information about it - she'll not even need to do a cold reading she'll juts need to research.

If I was allowed to swear on here, this thread would be littered with disgust and swear words.

People like that are crooks... Crooks should be denied entry into the country... She should not be allowed to come to NZ. I am so gutted something like this can happen here!

In the words of the great Tim Minchin "why do we think it's ok for people to say they can talk to the dead? Isn't that fundamentally sick??"

Personally I think each to their own. If they're convinced they can talk to the dead, then good on them. I only think it becomes a problem when they start offering the 'ability' as a service for any reason. Even the best psychics are not always 100% accurate and so in the wrong situation with the wrong family it can sometimes do more harm than good. And in situations like you described where there is a lot of info and history available I think it's unnecessary to delve into it. :rolleyes:
I do have to admit that I watched The One where they did a search for Peter Falconio's remains - and turned up nothing! - because I was interested to see if there was any breakthrough for the case. I think that's more of a case of wanting some closure for the family though than anything else.
I don't advertise/ encourage them or use their services any more (did once successfully for my mother's death) but I accept them for what they claim to be. There's a lot of unexplained mysteries in the world and I can't prove they aren't real psychics so who would I be to give them flack for that? I think there's a time and place for it though, definitely. ;)

I couldn't disagree more Jande :p.
You're right there are a lot of unexplained things in the world but in all of human history, every "mystery" that has been solved has turned out to not be supernatural or magic. Saying "I don't know so...magic" is not only ignorant but has the potential to slow or stop any progress towards actually finding a real answer.
If a "psychic" helped you deal with the passing of a loved one then I am honestly happy for you but if someone came to me and said they were in contact with my dead relatives I'd probably have a strong urge to punch them in the face. To me it's dishonest and disingenuous. Nobody has the right to claim that sort of intimate contact, especially with a "skill" that has not only never been proven but has often been disproven.
Sorry if I probably sound like an *** but this topic (along with religion) really gets me riled up

I agree wholeheartedly with everything but the Aussie bashing slim6y. Give it a rest it's getting old.

lol its gettin worse apparently people are now claimin to have had "sexy time with ghosts" lol

My mum is into the whole psychic stuff and the stuff she's come home saying is absolutely crazy. Like borderline mental. The dead are dead for a reason. Yet some of these people come up with the most convincing bs. I'm sure there are some genuine people our there, but why play with fire? It's just crazy.

It's cool, Sax. I may be ignorant, but it's the result of me being too lazy and uncaring about them to actually gain knowledge about any of it. It doesn't greatly affect my life if these folks are out there, so I don't make it my daily mission to spend time trying to stop or encourage them. I suppose that's true of a lot of things in life... we don't care enough until it affects us personally. But if that potentially stops any progress towards finding accurate answers about things, then shoot me here and now, for I am guilty!

My case was a psychometry (also well known as a token reading) success where info was revealed that nobody but my dad knew. We found a missing piece of jewellery that was largely sentimental as a result of that reading so that's why I call it a success. No messages etc though but we didn't expect any either. There may well be scientific ways to explain everything in that reading, but I just don't care greatly enough to believe one way or the other. The results haven't affected my current life at all, so it's neither here nor there. It was definitely harmless which is all that matters to me.

And yeah there has been a time where I've wanted to punch a psychic in the face as well. I have had to refrain when a psychic said things like 'your loved one wants to tell you that they miss you, love you and are watching over you constantly' to me. I'm sure that would be a given, so doesn't require a psychic to figure out! :facepalm: They also got wrong the fact that I'd be pregnant within a year which was amusement at its highest for me. :lol:

you guys need to chill the hell out. Psychics or whatever you want to call them, DO EXIST.

You just wont ever see one on TV, or selling their services. This is not how it works. You are right though, these people on the TV and people that charge are pretty much crooks.

you guys need to chill the hell out. Psychics or whatever you want to call them, DO EXIST.

You just wont ever see one on TV, or selling their services. This is not how it works. You are right though, these people on the TV and people that charge are pretty much crooks.

You sure about that? I'm thinking if they really did exist then they would know about this thread and be posting on here defending themselves.Don't forget though that they only exist because there are gullible/desperate people willing to listen to their cons.

As a person with family in Christchurch, who spent their teenage years growing up in Greymouth, I'm completely sickened. Sad as it is to say however, knowing some of the families of the boys down Pike River (and some of the men themselves :( ) I have a feeling quite a few would welcome her 'services' (spit) and may even have some form of closure. The blatant plug at the end there is just disgusting though, and goes to prove she's just in it for the publicity.
They've been through enough. Real or not, get them out and let them rest. That's where the real effort should lie. I'm with you Slim6y.

So Slim, you are saying that no crooks have ever come over here from NZ? :)

So Slim, you are saying that no crooks have ever come over here from NZ? :)

Nah I watch border security and we catch them all at the airport and send them straight back.

I think that slimy6 (sic) is a bit nasty , having the surname of crooks and my best mate living in NZ for another few years i feel it necessary to state that at least 4 CROOKS should be let into NZ for a few weeks

The people of Christchurch and Pike River have suffered enough and now this??? And worse of all she's Australian!!!

I didn't take this as 'Australia bashing' guys, I took it as the woman should know better as she's relatively close to the disasters (being that Aussie and NZ are sibling countries and fight as such :p). It would be just as bad if she were American or European, but somehow this makes it worse. Nobody specifically mentioned that 'all Aussies are crooks' (apart from the Aussies lol), she would still be a crook if she were doing the same thing but hailing from Iceland.
If you want to bring up 'bashing' we're all as bad as each other. I can't count the amount of sheep jokes, "Is NZ really like Once Were Warriors?" questions and "Cook the man some (bleeping) eggs, woman!" statements (and those were the jokes, I'm not even going to bring up the nasty comments) I've had thrown at me since I moved over. I also can't count the amount of times I've heard the reverse growing up over there :/ Maybe time for all to lay off?

I didn't take this as 'Australia bashing' guys, I took it as the woman should know better as she's relatively close to the disasters (being that Aussie and NZ are sibling countries and fight as such :p). It would be just as bad if she were American or European, but somehow this makes it worse. Nobody specifically mentioned that 'all Aussies are crooks' (apart from the Aussies lol), she would still be a crook if she were doing the same thing but hailing from Iceland.
If you want to bring up 'bashing' we're all as bad as each other. I can't count the amount of sheep jokes, "Is NZ really like Once Were Warriors?" questions and "Cook the man some (bleeping) eggs, woman!" statements (and those were the jokes, I'm not even going to bring up the nasty comments) I've had thrown at me since I moved over. I also can't count the amount of times I've heard the reverse growing up over there :/ Maybe time for all to lay off?

Slim has had a problem with oz since a certain cyclone drove him from oz to the land of the long white cloud. :)

If you were a genuine psychic would you :
A/ Sit in a smelly tent at a market listening to sweaty people whine for $70 a day
B/ Be ridiculed far and wide ever at every desperate public utterance.
C/ Buy the occasional lottery ticket when the level of Moët & Chandon Dom Perignon White Gold in the yachts spa is starting to drop.

Nuff said!

Last edited:
Slim has had a problem with oz since a certain cyclone drove him from oz to the land of the long white cloud. :)

I can understand that. We'll never be planning to live in Christchurch again since an earthquake drove us back to Oz, but I still don't think he was referring to Aussies as crooks, just the individual concerned.

I didn't take this as 'Australia bashing' guys, I took it as the woman should know better as she's relatively close to the disasters (being that Aussie and NZ are sibling countries and fight as such :p).

Scammers don't discriminate.If there is money to be had they will take it wherever they can get it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back