This makes me angrier than almost anything...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't take this as 'Australia bashing' guys, I took it as the woman should know better as she's relatively close to the disasters (being that Aussie and NZ are sibling countries and fight as such :p).

I didn't take it as Aussie bashing either... seems odd to me anyone would. Like yourself, I just thought he was shocked that it was an Australian doing this, rather than someone a little more removed from the tragedy.

On a lighter note, what's a little ribbing between cousins, anyway? I used to think one of the best things about being an Aussie was our celebrated ability to laugh at ourselves. But perhaps the joke's on me? :lol:

Do I believe idiots on TV can speak to the dead? No.
Do I think there are people who can do it? Yes.

It amazes me how people will believe we evolved from apes yet won't believe their are things in the world which won't be quashed by simple "No it doesn't exist".

Do I believe idiots on TV can speak to the dead? No.
Do I think there are people who can do it? Yes.

It amazes me how people will believe we evolved from apes yet won't believe their are things in the world which won't be quashed by simple "No it doesn't exist".

Evolving from apes and psychics are two completely different things. One is physical,
the other isn't. But the biggest difference is convincing evidence can be shown for one, but not the other.

Slim has had a problem with oz since a certain cyclone drove him from oz to the land of the long white cloud. :)
What is he a sissy, my mother has been through Winefred -JOY -Avu -Larry and Yasi just to name a few . hasn't moved to NZ YET !!!!!!

Slim has had a problem with oz since a certain cyclone drove him from oz to the land of the long white cloud. :)

Hahaha... I had a problem with Aus long before that!!! Well, not the country, just the inhabitants :p

I miss Aussie :( But I am glad to be in the long grey cloud part of the world...

Oh, was away for the day in Queenstown (some of you who've been here might be jealous(ish)).

So - back to the story then...

That james randii thing is awesome.. lol you think with 1mill cash on the table there would be one person deluded enough to have a bash.

Well I personally don't like or previously beleive in psychic's however my mother in law spoke to one as she has lost her husband (and this psychic has not charged her one cent and she has done about 20 + readings), the whole reason it came about was from a friend of a friend, and the psychic was asking her friend whether she knew a lady that had lost her husband in a motorcycle accident as she had this spirit constantly bothering her to have a chat. He was telling the psychic that his daughter (my wife) was pregnant (and mentioned that she had lost one before-which was not publically known as it was kept very private)and so on and so on. This was only a day after we found out and we did not tell anyone due to previous history, when we found this out we were a bit shocked. The reading didn't even involve asking about my wife or any grandchildren. There are many frauds however I beleive that some might have a certain gift. There was information said in the readings that was very private and not publically displayed ever. In that instance it changed my point of view!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back