Finally my dream to own a croc is coming true !!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exotic_Doc

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Ive been away from the site for a while. Some family problems saw me come down to lebanon for a bit and the opportunity to finish Vet Science at an American uni down here is present. So anyway people here are just freaked about everything snakes down here. We actually have some pretty amazing vipers and even a cobra species in lebanon so im trying to educate as many people as i can and help them see snakes from a totally different perception.
As im walking through a pet store yesterday im stunned to find 6 freshwater crocs in a tank !!!! Now here there is no lisences, no nothing so im over the freakin moon. $80 for a baby croc !!! So as we speak i am getting a tank ready, im still trying to find my way around here even though i have lived here when i was younger...And it being my birthday tomorrow and everything im soo excited since we couldnt own them in NSW.
I know i know pics pics pics...will be uploaded asap its 7.30 am atm and ive been awake all night i cant freakn believe how lucky i am. I hope you all stay safe and pics will be up in 2 days max !! Good morning and night ;)

Congrats, but it seems a little sus not to need a license and only $80 for a croc. Good luck though.

Congrats, but it seems a little sus not to need a license and only $80 for a croc. Good luck though.

Nah the thing is lebanon has no law against owning reptiles as no one actually really wants to own them lol. The prices here for everything here is totally different. I found a store selling african greys for $90, and a blue and gold macaw for $1000.
Im currently also searching for a gun dog breeder so i can train my own pup :) Its an animal lovers dream down here when you compare the prices to those back home.

Nah the thing is lebanon has no law against owning reptiles as no one actually really wants to own them lol. The prices here for everything here is totally different. I found a store selling african greys for $90, and a blue and gold macaw for $1000.
Im currently also searching for a gun dog breeder so i can train my own pup :) Its an animal lovers dream down here when you compare the prices to those back home.

A MACAW FOR $1000?! THEY ARE LIKE WORTH $20,000! :shock:

thank you guys so much... I know they think we are lunatics, when we are hunting i wont let anyone fire at a snake or any species outside the targeted one. And with regards to the macaw believe me that is the next buy after the croc !! IM GONNA FREAKN LIVE THE DREAM HAHA. Macaws and african greys everywhere, i even found monkeys for 100 bucks. You can pretty much own anything you like ...Perfection haha

A MACAW FOR $1000?! THEY ARE LIKE WORTH $20,000! :shock:

Dude, dont over-exaggerate!!!! Blue and Gold macaws are only worth $4500 ea here in Aus.

It's always interesting to see the availability and prices of wildlife around the globe :) Some have it better, some have it worse. The part that so often concerns me is the welfare afforded to them in the various countries; it's often very lacking :(

Is it a permanent move to Lebanon?

i recently have been looking at buying a macaw, cheapest i have seen is 5,500 in nsw, so if anyone knows a breeder selling for 3,500 id be very interested

That's so interesting! I wonder, how do the crocs get there if laws are so lenient. Like do you know if they were bred by someone in the country? It's amazing anyway :)
And happy birthday! :)

Dude, dont over-exaggerate!!!! Blue and Gold macaws are only worth $4500 ea here in Aus.

It's always interesting to see the availability and prices of wildlife around the globe :) Some have it better, some have it worse. The part that so often concerns me is the welfare afforded to them in the various countries; it's often very lacking :(

Is it a permanent move to Lebanon?

Oh, my bad...I just recall someone saying they can get up to $20k..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back