Greetings from Boston USA!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIKEY1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I'm very happy to have found this awesome forum. I needed to join because I just purchased my first Children's python last week. He's a baby and I'm a newbie when it comes to pythons. I do have experience with colubrids though, but I could really use some expert advise on CPs. I look forward to hanging out & learning from my new friends down under.
Cheers! :D

Welcome aboard mate, this is indeed a great forum I love it.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Welcome!

I love your avatar and handle ;)
Before Steve I had a phobia of snakes and never saw the beauty in them. I miss him :(

Enjoy your time here Crikey :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey, neighbor! I'm about an hour south of you in NB. So many varieties in the states, but love my Woma pythons!

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!
yeah when are you going to get your reticulated python, and blood python and crazy other exotic animals? would love to live there ahah ur sooo lucky
The herps are always greener on the other side. LOL! But yeah...the retic morphs are insane over here. Too big for me though. Believe it or not the US is currently working on an exotic snake ban. One of the reasons why is because of the Burmese pythons thriving in the Florida Everglades National Park. Since the early 1990's Burms have been breeding there. Unfortunately they are hunted & euthanized now. They are growing so big that they are starting to eat the American Alligators. They just caught a 17 feet, 7 inch long and 164½ pound Burm. Gravid with 87 eggs. CRAZY RIGHT?!!! So needless to say, things are about to change here in the US with snake bans. :cry:
BTW...I love, love, love Aussie herps. It would be a dream come true to visit someday. Why are you so far away? LOL!

Hey, neighbor! I'm about an hour south of you in NB. So many varieties in the states, but love my Woma pythons!
Hi neighbor! Did you see the OCEARCH ship here for Expedition Cape Cod?

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

The herps are always greener on the other side. LOL! But yeah...the retic morphs are insane over here. Too big for me though. Believe it or not the US is currently working on an exotic snake ban. One of the reasons why is because of the Burmese pythons thriving in the Florida Everglades National Park. Since the early 1990's Burms have been breeding there. Unfortunately they are hunted & euthanized now. They are growing so big that they are starting to eat the American Alligators. They just caught a 17 feet, 7 inch long and 164½ pound Burm. Gravid with 87 eggs. CRAZY RIGHT?!!! So needless to say, things are about to change here in the US with snake bans. :cry:
BTW...I love, love, love Aussie herps. It would be a dream come true to visit someday. Why are you so far away? LOL!

Hi neighbor! Did you see the OCEARCH ship here for Expedition Cape Cod?

Move to West Virginia. Our Gov. said no to the exotic ban. Said it will cost the state to much money and its almost to late to enforce it.

I just finished building a custom 6x2x2 enclosure for my girlfriends dwarf retic. Im pretty excited to have it with my other snakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Would the ban only apply to new imports?
Or are you guys gonna have to surrender your current reptiles? It sucks but I guess you guys have to look after your environment. I wouldn't want giant exotics competing with or preying on our local wildlife either.

So tell us, what kind of reps do you have? Pics are better :)

Do you have any chameleons? They are my fave and if things ever change here (which they probably never will) would be the first exotic species I Add to my collection, followed by the crazy python morphs you guys have over there.

And make sure you come visit us. It's a land unlike any other. ;)

Would the ban only apply to new imports?
Or are you guys gonna have to surrender your current reptiles? It sucks but I guess you guys have to look after your environment. I wouldn't want giant exotics competing with or preying on our local wildlife either.

So tell us, what kind of reps do you have? Pics are better :)

Do you have any chameleons? They are my fave and if things ever change here (which they probably never will) would be the first exotic species I Add to my collection, followed by the crazy python morphs you guys have over there.

And make sure you come visit us. It's a land unlike any other. ;)

As of now, it goes by a state by state bases. Recently 4 species are being banned in most states. Burmese python, Northern and Southern African pythons, and yellow anacondas. I live in Massachusetts & Mass does not allow private citizens to own North and South African pythons and anacondas. However private citizens can own Burmese pythons without a permit. The state of Ohio just passed a ban that allows you to keep all 4 species, provided that the animals were obtained prior to the effective date of the rule or obtained within the State you live after the effective date of the rule. But no imports from out of state or country. They can not cross state lines without a permit. Sorry for the long winded answer, but in answer to your question. NO, our snakes are not getting confiscated, yet. What are the laws/bans in Australia?

And no, I don't have any chameleons. Wish I did. I love Jackson's. But I did see an awesome Panther & a cool Veiled Chameleon at the New England Reptile Expo last week. You would have loved it. What do you own?

Last edited:
I was at the New England Reptile Expo last weekend. We may have crossed paths. I purchased a female Woma. That's two for me. Currently, in MA, chameleons are banned, as well as protected native species, retics, monitors, green tree pythons, emerald tree boas, and monitors. You can apply for a permit for these though.

Domingos - Hahaha! Small world. Congrats on your new Woma. How is it doing and who did you buy it from? Out of all those vendors, I could only find 3 baby Children's from LLL Reptiles, and only one of them was a male. So I had to have him. I'm happy to say that he's doing great. Ate like a champ on Thursday. :D

Hi Crickey 1 and welcome land of of fredoms there and virtualy buy any reptile and high powered firearms gotta love it unless of course your in the wrong place at the wrong time

I've got a children's python, a carpet python (Murray darling/inland) and I got my first green tree python yesterday. Also got a bearded dragon.

Over here exotics are 100% illegal unless you own a zoo or something. And I'm pretty sure exotics are confiscated and destroyed :(
I know they're just protecting our borders but it still makes me sad :( I think we have the craziest, strictest customs in the world lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back