I was followed!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told my cousin about this and he said it was probably a wild pig, or bigfoot.

Sounds like that scene out of Tenacious D, The pick of destiny, with Jack Black. Did you eat any strange mushrooms? ;D

could have been anything but you got to be careful there are some sickos out there and they will take advantage of the vulnerable. I'm getting a bit to big to be seen as a readily "easy target" but if anyone gets ambushed by surprise and injures themselves by falling in a bad way anyone would be stuffed. It is also a different ball game if one has a knife or even worse a gun.

One thing that has always confused me though is that people say "beware of the sickos/psychos/crazy people" when I say I'm going camping in the middle of nowhere with just my dog. I get that there are unsavoury people around, and people who like to prey on other people. But why would those people be hanging around in the scrub in the middle of nowhere? In a dark alley in a city at night I can understand, but honestly "I'm going to hang out in the bush in the middle of the night just on the off chance that someone else happens to be occupying the same patch of scrub as me so I can murder/dismember them" seems like a bit of a long shot to me.

Can't say I have come across the psycho types but have had a few odd experiences all the same. It is always an awkward moment when you walk around the corner and some dude is naked going for it like an egg beater out in the sun. (Brisbane Water NP and Townsville Pallaranda). Noosa nudists everywhere, although to be fair I do have some good memories of my gf of the time there also, so cannot claim innocence either. And in general it always looks sus when you accidentally hit an unkown nudist/whatever hangout kitted out in camo with a bunch of camera gear. A couple of times I have also had the "turn around and walk away mate" when coming across some bush and jungle "gardening projects". Although tense to start (understatement) those guys have actually been quite cool and helpful once they checked me out, even once pointing out some nesting parrots for me. Then there are still a few hermit types about also who are wary but again ok once they figure out you are ok and often welcome the chat.

So no bad experiences as such in the bush but then I have always been very clear upfront to people what I am doing which I think makes a big difference. I suppose most that are out in the bush like being there so there is always some common ground, the worst that have ever happened is having my kit searched and people wanting to see what was on my cameras. Even the weirder ones have generally been helpful. Definitely some awkward moments though. In a dark lane in the cities it is fairly predictable stuff and generally more unpleasant and dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back