Is there a minimum time I need to keep them?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lavagirl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Im in SA and just obtained a snake from someone who was no longer able to care for him.

I have had him transferred onto my reptile license, all good.

Is there a minimum length of time I need to keep him or can I part with him straight away? I wasnt planning on getting any more family members and am finding Im struggling with what I have so would rather he went to someone who would appreciate him more.

I thought I saw somewhere that I had to keep for 6 months but now I cant find any reference to it anywhere.

And before anyone asks why I took him - he was going to simply be released into the wild and I didnt think that was fair on him.

Thanks

Yes, minimum of 6 months in SA.

Thanks Sam. I thought so but Im clearly blind that I cant find it on the website.

You can apply to move it on earlier, although you need to give them a good enough reason to do so...

interesting, is this for other states like NSW too?

Just found on another site that the 6 month rule goes for NSW too.

Just contact Sonya or Rose-Marie at DEWNR on 81244972, explain your situation & you'll be able to move him on. I have done so on a few occasions before for varying reasons, they're very good to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back