Red Tail BOA..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rissatimmy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Today Timmy (Timmit) and i went to Currumbin where we heard that they had a Red Tail BOA that was seized in a QLD drug raid.
Tim showed his excitement of wanting to touch/hold a BOA.
So the park rangers kindly offered to do a 'behind the scene' interaction..
here are a few pics along with some other reptiles in the park...

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2490.jpg
    IMG_2490.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2494.jpg
    IMG_2494.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2489.jpg
    IMG_2489.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
awesome pics! it would be awesome to hold a boa!! what happens to the boa? does it go to a zoo?

When we where talking to the lady we asked like what happened and what will happen to the snake and basically when they got seized (there was 3) mum brother and sister
they asked the sanctuary if they wanted to keep them and if they didn't they where just going to put them all to sleep ( saying that nicely) so they took them in.

- - - Updated - - -

When we where talking to the lady we asked like what happened and what will happen to the snake and basically when they got seized (there was 3) mum brother and sister
they asked the sanctuary if they wanted to keep them and if they didn't they where just going to put them all to sleep ( saying that nicely) so they took them in.

+1
There are zoos for exotics, native wildlife park should be for natives, I think the park personally should have a more hands on aspect, as they never let me touch anything, neither did port maq zoo when I went and asked them for a bit of a better look at the reptiles,

However would be nice to hold the boa..........

The boa is the only animal in the park that is not Australian,
And as mentioned the park took the boa in because if not they where going to kill it,
So yes it's a wildlife park, for 'native animals' out of the hundreds of animals there. There is what only 3 animals that are NOT aus which are there's amaizing snakes. I think we should just be lucky that we can go view these animals and that they just were not killed and given a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the snakes are not there to view,
its not as if you walk into the snake bay and there's all Aussie snakes and there's American!

Good looking snake.
Interesting pants... :p
You're very lucky they let you go behind the scenes. Did you know any of the keepers beforehand or did they just happen to offer you a behind the scenes tour when you were there?

I get to hold one every day :p

hume3epa.jpg

qyteta8u.jpg

Just having a wee bit of fun. What I wouldn't do to be able to have the reptiles you all enjoy every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Buff coat i wanna be where u live right now haha they are such amazing snakes even just holding one for 5 10 minutes was amazing and for everyone im all for aussie snakes and reptiles but the chance to handle something that is not legal to own in australia i relished the chance to as i may never be able to again so thanks to my amazing partner and currumbin aswell thats now another tick off the bucket list :)

Buff coat i wanna be where u live right now haha they are such amazing snakes even just holding one for 5 10 minutes was amazing and for everyone im all for aussie snakes and reptiles but the chance to handle something that is not legal to own in australia i relished the chance to as i may never be able to again so thanks to my amazing partner and currumbin aswell thats now another tick off the bucket list :)

Some of the best snakes that I've worked with have been boas. They can be kind of intimidating but very docile and curious once out. My girl does not like my girlfriend for some reason. I can hold her for 20-30 mins, my better half walks in the room and she's all defensive. Has even bit her several times. All defensive bites.

I love Japanese rats, I don't like the musking. Garter snakes are fun, albeit messy. Lots of poo. Quite the "bitey" ones though.

Hognose snakes are by far the coolest to work with. I love the attitude they give. Plus, they cruise around in the daytime. So I always get to see mine. I just picked up a female at a show. I hope this time next year Im brumating them.

What I still wouldn't give to have a Darwin or an Olive. I guess I feel the same way. Only I can have either legally. Its the price tag that hurts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I love Currumbin! They let me have a behind the scenes look at the birds of prey. Such beautiful people.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! Buffcoat! Lucky dude!

And Timmi is a lucky man for getting to hold one. When I travel to america one day in the very distance future I will hold and handle as many reptiles as I can whilst overthere hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back