Herping near Geelong, Vic.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
Just a few shots from herping yesterday, mostly encountered many smaller skinks, Jacky dragons and Cunningham skinks as well as a few nice brown snakes! Enjoy. :)

ebs.jpgherping 2012 Juvjacky.jpgherping 2012 jackytree.jpgherping 2012 jacky.jpgherping 2012 Gjacky.jpgherping 2012 ebspipe.jpgherping 2012 EBS.jpgherping 2012 Brownspl.jpgherping 2012 brown in pipe.jpgherping 2012 anotherjacky.jpgherping 2012  jackyshrubs.jpgherping 2012  jackybg.jpgherping 2012  brown2.jpgherping 2012 wavingjacky.jpg

Last edited:
There's a good population of Browns where you went! Closer to where I am it all seems to be Copperheads and Tigers.

Nice pictures too by the way!

You guys are lucky my town is surrounded 300 degrees by bush yet the only reptile that's been seen is a red belly in next door neighbours yard so I didn't even see it personally and that was almost 4 years ago, and yes I do go for the odd bush walk but the only thing I saw doing that was some lizard (don't know species wasn't into helping back them) near the creek

Nice finds python owner, I also found a brown snake yesterday to the west of Melbourne.

Spida, seems like somwhere with breccia or conglomorate sedimentation, but could be igneous intrussion as well, at a higher elevation than the surrounging area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back