Bearded dragon copulation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adz83

Reaction score
I witnessed my beardies doing the deed a couple of times when i put them together for the day about 10 days ago... can someone please tell me if i need to put them together again so they can do it again,or do i leave them apart for a couple more weeks n see if she lays eggs?

Also,roughly how much weight do the females put on prior to becoming gravid to laying?

cheers

give her a few days and you should be able to feel some egg development if they did the deed properly otherwise put them together again if you cant feel anything in a week.
My female was roughly 375g the day before i put the male in and 2 days before the eggs were laid she was 480g and laid 25 eggs and 3 bad ones.
It is fairly obvious when they are going to lay

You probably don't need to put them together again, but 2-3 times mating is better than 1 as far as 100% fertile eggs. They gain a fair bit of bulk, so after 2 weeks she should look bigger, never weighed them.

I've been keeping our Hootch and Sunny together and it appears that he's done the deed... sad face - not ready for it, thought she was too young... however she's defs developing eggs and has been digging like crazy... not prepared for this and didn't really want them to have to live separately as they've grown up together, however once we're done will have to.

Sissymum, from 1 mating she can lay up to 3-4 clutches of eggs, so be prepared for that. Also I would separate them ASAP if you don't want an endless supply of babies, :)

guess my biggest concern was would any damage be done to her if she is gravid and i put them together for a day again??

So got my Sunny her laying box in her fav back corner put in a three way mix of sand vermiculite and kritter crumble she's made an awesome little hole in there... the question is that she went off her food yesterday, the day before she ate like a trooper... she's been exhibiting digging displays for more than a week... so how long do you think before she lays?
I really thought it would be yesterday or last night but so far narda...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back