Some sales staff really need more training!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have kept hatchie bearded dragons in adult enclosures before (4 foot) and they flourished, I suspect other factors are the cause.

Kind of unrelated, but I work in a women's fashion store and I could never sell clothing to someone when they don't need them or aren't sure, rather then letting them spontaneously buy it and regretting it later. And I'm happy to tell a customer that something doesn't suit them and point them in the right direction, without embarrassing them or insulting them of course. Up selling is one thing, but pressuring them is another thing, and will make the customer too uncomfortable to return unless they're 110% happy.

As for pet shops, they get a bad wrap don't they. I don't usually talk to staff because I usually go into the pet shop knowing what I want or to compare prices. But I'll never forget the time, that the pet store we used to buy frozen rats from (the manager was supposedly a 'friend' of my mums), did not notify us that their freezer had failed and instead of disposing of the thawed animals, had refrozen them. Which killed my first ever snake, which I got when I was nine. Devastated. I only hope that that particular pet shop goes out of business soon anyway, and make way for the good ones that are around. Upside of the story is, I ask a billion questions before I buy frozen rats now, and if they can't answer them, the snakes wait another week.

Mad_at_arms

You want fries with that? :lol:

It's great to say must upsell hmmm now there's a novel idea...
however when Juvi's move up to the next size - the temptation to fill said juvi tanks with more babies is just how it happens... So the sell tank part just doesn't seem to compute for some of us... lol...

if she's having hassles with feeding I know people that use feeding tubs as an option as they went the big tank first easier for them to catch crickets that way and limits escapes...

tee hee my girl worked at Maccas for way to long....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back