it backfired

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasssss

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well im sure there plenty of people out there who have had the same thing happen , last night i came back home with a few mates i hadnt seen in years , i started telling them about my snakes etc , that their not evil and such , normally i would use my female woma to show to people who where scared of snakes but she was in her hide whilst the male was cruising around his enclosure , so i thought ah ill just grab him out , reached in and SMACK , he latched onto the side of my finger and threw a full on feed response :shock: his never even looked like biting before guess i learnt my lesson huh , no handling at night for this boy now

oh yea and up until now i had only ever been head butted and lightly nipped in more of a defence strike by my coastal never had a proper feed bite and i literally didn't feel a thing i was genuinely shocked at just how little pain their is involved a paper cut hurts more , even when you step on bindis it hurts more

I have learnt that we should always treat them with respect hehee no matter how comfortable we think they are.
I did the same thing not long ago haha

yeah fun lesson to learn wait til it's 8ft+ and gets you on the bone then it's a different story

Bit of a bugger mate. What did your mates have to say?

I have learnt that we should always treat them with respect hehee no matter how comfortable we think they are.
I did the same thing not long ago haha
oh dont worry about the respect thing , my coastal has made me respect him from day one , if i dont he strikes , not a feeding strike like this one though his are all "bugger off i hate humans " strikes
yeah fun lesson to learn wait til it's 8ft+ and gets you on the bone then it's a different story
i was actually kinda glad he did it gets it out of the way as im sure there will be more to come his food crazy
Bit of a bugger mate. What did your mates have to say?
one of them left the room laughing whilst the other just stayed and laughed even more ,
Bugger.That would of just gone to prove your mates right, lol, the best laid plans hey
i was literally saying that " this guy has never even tried to bite me " when i said the word "me" he lunged backwards and latched on , all good though once i got him off i got the female out who just cruised around happy as ever and showed everyone her nice side , although shes totally different to the boy even at feeding time she only lightly takes the rat from the tongs whilst the boy lunges in all sorts of directions before he lines it up

Yah a bit of a bugger, but happens. One thing that i have learnt is that when there is other company, different smells & voices, the snakes can sense this & therefore become agitated or out of there comfort zone rather than just with their normal keeper.

Cheers
Ian

understand that Ian , but i don't think he would have had time to smell anything as from the time that i walked into the room and got him out was only about 10seconds as i went straight for it , that was probably the problem that i reached straight in from behind him instead of letting him know it wasn't food on offer but my hand , ah well learn from these things i guess

thats a classic mate, its like when ya a kid and ya say hey mum/dad watch this as ya try to do a jump on ya push bike and end up with 2 smashed teeth, or the just one more ball in back yard cricket and ya smash the kitchen window.......bound to happen when trying to impress

I'v had my male woma latch on would let go for 15 minute :/
yea they dont like letting go once they think your food , this guy was on for around 25mins/ half hour i tried the running water and a few other things but he wasn't going to budge , found that just sitting their really still ended up working better but i think he only let go to start looking at where he could start

Hahaha thomassss... i remember bindis as a kid... "shhh ahhhhhhh... it stings!" then you jump away from that spot and put the other foot on another big bunch :p

Similar thing happened to me, wifes GF came over and really wanted to hold, my little jungle hasnt bitten or tried to bite anyone, but she held it for a min or so and it just like CALMLY took a slow *** strike, no blood, but scared the shyt out of her :p

So general consesus is that womas are lovely, but dont put any body parts near them close to feeding time? I have always wanted a woma

Hahaha thomassss... i remember bindis as a kid... "shhh ahhhhhhh... it stings!" then you jump away from that spot and put the other foot on another big bunch :p

Similar thing happened to me, wifes GF came over and really wanted to hold, my little jungle hasnt bitten or tried to bite anyone, but she held it for a min or so and it just like CALMLY took a slow *** strike, no blood, but scared the shyt out of her :p

So general consesus is that womas are lovely, but dont put any body parts near them close to feeding time? I have always wanted a woma
yes womas are great , if your thinking about getting one do it you wont regret it imo but yes around feeding time they can be a little nuts , my female is the opposite though very shy and wont strike her food just gently takes it , i have learnt from my male though , night time +attempt to handle = feed response bite although i did already have a fair idea what that equation led to just never had it happen before

Listerene mouth wash :) Only thing that works i've found. Just a little capful where it is biting and it will let go immediately. I assure you it is safe to use on snakes - just don't pour on the snakes head near its eyes. Try it and see.

Listerene mouth wash :) Only thing that works i've found. Just a little capful where it is biting and it will let go immediately. I assure you it is safe to use on snakes - just don't pour on the snakes head near its eyes. Try it and see.

Yeah I heard this on snakebytes tv. I will keep this in mind. Is any mouthwash ok or would you suggest alcohol free.

cheers ill try that next time , i have heard of it before but forgot about it , where do you put it again is it just a dab on the nose sort of thing

perhaps drip a small amount onto your skin and let it flow into the snakes mouth or drip some onto a cloth and dab it on the snakes nose but don't get it near its eyes if you can. Thats how I would think to do it.

or drip some onto a cloth and dab it on the snakes nose but don't get it near its eyes if you can. .
thats sort of what i meant , ill just try dipping my finger in some listerine and just sort of sitting that near his nose as he just wasnt giving up the other night any movement and he started pulsing/squeezing harder and harder sitting still seemed to be the only thing that worked at the time

cheers ill try that next time , i have heard of it before but forgot about it , where do you put it again is it just a dab on the nose sort of thing

I simply pour a cap on the skin where the snake is latched so it is on the bite site (mouth) and it will release straight away. I would try to avoid putting it on nose, eyes or on the snakes head. You will be amazed how well it works. I've tried everything cold water to me being a huge myth lol How many times have we had a snake latch harder or 'grind' under water which is more uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Theoreitcally you shouldnt have your bone near a snake? Are you a sicko?:shock::lol:

Just joshing ;)

I reckon your snake was just showing off to your mates.... thinking...."I hate it when he tells people I am a real softie!! Grrrr :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back