GTP laying on the ground

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrecisionPythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My gtp often sleeps on the ground after I feed him. I usually get him back off the ground and put him on his log each day when I spray the enclosure he then stays out all day but by the morning is under the paper. He's very healthy and eating well, sheds fine. Just wondering if anyone else's gtps do the same thing. My other 2 rarely sleep on the ground but my new guy likes going on the floor. He's just went thru colour change.

Cheers !

he sounds like my lazy beardie, I put jub under his heat lamp and chase up all his crickets he misses. Sounds like a quirky little personality

My gtp often sleeps on the ground after I feed him. I usually get him back off the ground and put him on his log each day when I spray the enclosure he then stays out all day but by the morning is under the paper. He's very healthy and eating well, sheds fine. Just wondering if anyone else's gtps do the same thing. My other 2 rarely sleep on the ground but my new guy likes going on the floor. He's just went thru colour change.

Cheers !
yeh i have i that goes though stages of this.
Please read the more complete chrondo book aas it will put asside most of these common issues.

Yeh have read the book 100 times over haha, yea I think he's just lazy even when he's ready to shed sometimes he'll just she'd half his body then go to sleep... So I get him back out and get the rest of him very easily .

How large are the perches in the enclosure? What size meal are you feeding? You may find that either the size of the perch or meal make it awkward to use the perch after a feed. It's nothing to worry about if they are on the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh have read the book 100 times over haha, yea I think he's just lazy even when he's ready to shed sometimes he'll just she'd half his body then go to sleep... So I get him back out and get the rest of him very easily .
The shedding isn't a lazy thing. It will be more related to humidity & hydration of the snake. That said if anything in the enclosure is sharp or pointy and they snag the shed skin on it as they are shedding it can cause the shed to tear so it doesn't come off in 1 piece.

Ah I have different size perches in the cage, one around his size and 2 bigger than his size. Ah the skin comes off all in one piece with no tears he just stops sometimes when it's half way down, but generally he has full sheds. Humidity is the same as my other greens and they all shed fine but I see what ur saying...

- - - Updated - - -

And he's eating fuzzy rats ATM... Just under the size of his body width

After I have eaten 2 and a half pizzas (home delivery) sometimes I cant make it onto my bed straight away :lol: Maybe he is just stuffed and cant be bothered moving.... til later ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back