Help needed with "Eco Tech Andanced Reptile Thermostat"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptileKev81

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for a little bit of help with setting up my thermostat. I originally had a reptipad heat mat with built in thermostat, but wasn't very happy the other day when i noticed it was over by 5 degrees and still heating.

I wanted to replace it straight away for the health of my reptile, and not wait 3-5 working days for delivery so I can save a buck. So I spent $89.00 on this thermostat which I was told is very good.

Anyways, following the instructions, after I set the desired temp, I press "set" and then get the option to choose a temp divergence. Then your supposed to press set again, which takes you to setting timers for the lights.

The problem I'm having is after setting the temp divergence (i set it to zero), I press set to move on, and I get the option to set another temperature. Not sure if it is also for temp divergence but on the second temp setting screen there is a "DL" on the screen. Anyone know what it is?

Also, does anyone know if I should set a temp divergence for my GTP hatchy? I've got her on a flat 31 degrees at the moment with no temp divergence.

Thanks for any advice guys and gals :)
Cheers
Kev 8)

Kev,
The first temp you set is the "target temp"
2nd is the divergence, which you have set for zero
The next temp setting should be for the alarm setting. eg if you have it set for 2, the alarm condition would be active when temp rises to 33 or drops to 29.

And personally, as someone who works in air con and refrigeration I would have the divergence set for a minium of 2. I'm not 100% sure about reptile t/stats, but all professional comercial t/stats always have an offset of 2 at least.

Hope this helps

OK thank you very much :)

I find that especially at night, the heatmat is struggling to get it to 31 degree's. I did get myself some 25w heat cord, which I plan to set up tomorrow.
Thanks once again. I've had a look at the instructions and don't know how i missed it lol

Cheers
Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back