cheap snake enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what sort your after but second hand would have to be the cheapest, If you're not familiar with the forrum rules. We arn't permitted to discuss websites because it would'nt be fair to the sponsores that pay to advertise on here. The internet is a great resource and im sure you'll find what you're after eventually.

Hope this helped

Make them yourself.
Go to bunnings and get the melamine pre-cut, drill pilot holes and screw together using chipboard screws.

Things you will need:
-Pre-cut melamine (Bunnings)
-Chipboard screws (Bunnings)
-Glass tracking (Bunnings)
-Either gap filler or silicone to "waterproof" the inside edges (Bunnings)
-2 x Plastic vents (Bunnings)
-2 x pieces of glass per enclosure. (Local glazier) call around as you will be amazed at the price difference.

Regarding the lights I suggest you call a local sparky and offer him a case of his favourite beer to wire the lights (10 minutes work).

Then decide on your heating method. Cords,mats or lights and appropriate fittings like light cages and you are done.

You could probably do all 3 enclosures for the price of a pre built one and making it yourself allows you to customize it to your liking and your needs.

As colubrid said, its cheapest to make it yourself.
I myself suck at cutting things straight, but bunnings will cut all your wood for you to size. I think its only $1 or $2 per cut.
That way you just have to take it home and put it all together.

Also, if you have a look at the classifieds there are some ppl here advertising enclosures, check em out ;)

some times it just as easy as finding and old fish tank and just building a hood for the top of it. :) try council trash pickup days or gumtree

I would just do up a tv unit

- - - Updated - - -

I would just do up a tv unit

I got a brand new 30cm x 30cm x 45cm enclosure from chEap as chips for 40 bucks plus 15 freight. Give them a suss.

Other wise you could try eBay or gumtree or trading post etc.

still beats 150-200 at a pet shop.

gyhaqumu.jpg
kitchen shops are good all come pre packed with edging

Im doing a TV cabinet right this moment. Got it off Ebay for $30. Glass for front $60 and it looks sweet as.

Hay we buy ours off dreaper on this site and he happy to make to your specs on do changes for ya. And they a good price. It cost us about 60 in fittings for them that we do ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back