3rd Beardy Batch FAIL! :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mongrel

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Man - I think I am going to give up. It looks like I have lost my 3rd batch of beardy eggs. :(

So this time they were put in the incubator 5 minutes after they were laid. All were candled, and were put in Vermiculite 1:1.

Put them in the Exoterra incubator and filled the water tray etc. It's been nice and humid in there as the glass door is always wet, however, when I went in to check them after 3 weeks they have all collapsed and the vermiculite is almost dry! ***!!

Surely it can't be this hard. :(

Makes you wonder how the hell they survive in the wild.

Bugger, thatts no good. u may be able to save them. Ive never had any issues with beardy eggs not hatching, and thats almost with pure neglect for them other than to open the lid every week or so to ventilate with fresh air. This is what I do.

same as u for vermiculite mix and water (approx - I never weigh or measure, just make sure u cant wring any water out of the vermiculite, if u can, theres too much water). I use lids. I dont have any wholes in the lid or containers at all. The egg container creates its own little micro habitat with the humidity from the vermiculite mix, and cant escape.

If you dont have lids, and if the incubator is a bigger space, by heating mix up and drawing water out of it into air, it never gets replaced and the eggs will have drawn water from vermiculite also.

Make up a new vermiculite mix, move eggs into it, and use a lid. they may come good again. goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back