how much do people pay for basic enclosures????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBANG

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering how much you pay for basic malimine enclosures, being a cabinet maker i dont pay for enclosures except for materials, although the 2 new bredli i bought i bought the enclosure off the seller as well as i didnt have time to make one for them, it is 6x2x2 divided in half, and paid $250 for it, it is pretty old and of what i consider to be pretty rough but i needed it so cant complain, so just wondering how much you all pay for your basic white enclosures? lights, thermostat, sliding glass doors?

all wired up id say around 400ish depending on the size, give or take

umm really does depend on alot of things, Im about to take out a layby on a $625 4ft x 2ft woodgrain enclosure with digital timer/thermostat, Night glow lights and rock background. Theres alot of variables but i suggest you just look around and see what everyone else charges

yeah understand that, ok, so what would someone pay in general for a 3x2x2 18mm thick or 16mm malimine white, black blue green purple any colour you want really(or timber grain laminate finish), 2 ceramic screw base globe holders, wired to a IMIT thermostat, and a 3rd ceramic light base for a day light not wired to the thermostat( on seperate lead), sliding glass doors, all assembled then disasembled for freight.....globes not included

Last edited:
i don't know about normal prices but Ive been making them for a while now and that size in 16mm melamine sliding doors, lock, vents, interior all sealed and 2 light fittings i do for about $275. but that's without a thermostat. when you start adding more electronics the price could vary wildly depending what kinda brands you want. i mean a really good thermo/ day night can be $100 but i know i can find ones on ebay for less then $20....its just if they work or not.

i don't know about normal prices but Ive been making them for a while now and that size in 16mm melamine sliding doors, lock, vents, interior all sealed and 2 light fittings i do for about $275. but that's without a thermostat. when you start adding more electronics the price could vary wildly depending what kinda brands you want. i mean a really good thermo/ day night can be $100 but i know i can find ones on ebay for less then $20....its just if they work or not.
awesome mate, how do you go with freight with them being assembled? or is it pick up only? yeah understand that when ya add this and that it can get expensive pertty quick, thats why i just put in a very basic IMIT thermostat i have used them and are fine for a basic setup, but if another thermostat is requested then it can be catered for as well, do you have much of a demand for your enclosures??? i cant believe the price for some of the ones ya see in pet shops.

i just do it on weekends but i can usually build 4-5 enclosures in a day usually 2x2x2 up to 6x2x2
smaller ones i freight already made up but the larger ones or the big 4 level racks i dowel together and ship as a flat pack. just needs a drills to whip it together.
but most demand is local thru gumtree and sites like that.
but the last big thing i shipped was like 1mx1m .5m high and was about 60kg that was about $140 to ship from the gold coast to melb.

and agreed pet shops are usually always a ripoff. i was in there yesterday getting a new globe and saw the same size enclosure i sell for $250 except with no lock and not sealed for $525 on special from $600 i guess that little brand name stickers they put on the front are expensive to make

lol must be, i hate seeing the price of them in pet shops and esspecially when i see someone buy 1 i think you poor clueless buggers if only you knew how much that cost to make....

yeah the girl in the reptile area at my local pet shop doesn't like me, i couldn't help but interrupt when a guy was looking for a setup for a new hatching jungle python and she was going to have him buy the biggest 6x4x2 enclosure (coz it will need it really fast apparently) and lights and heat mats to put inside because "the whole enclosure needs to be about 32 with no cool spots" after some talking he left with a $20 heat mat and went to bunnings to get a click clack.

Lol lol ye I'm way bad for that at pet shops too. Lol lol. I just can't stand how they rip people off.

yeah, sounds about usual for a pet shop, well maybe i should do some figures and put up some prices and see what people say about them, am i able to put them up on this site or does it break their rules? its more an expression of intrest rather than selling anything at the moment

i payed around 600-700 (without the snake) for my whole set up but got alot of branches and stuff which you don't really need to do that..

hey guys just wondering how much you pay for basic malimine enclosures, being a cabinet maker i dont pay for enclosures except for materials, although the 2 new bredli i bought i bought the enclosure off the seller as well as i didnt have time to make one for them, it is 6x2x2 divided in half, and paid $250 for it, it is pretty old and of what i consider to be pretty rough but i needed it so cant complain, so just wondering how much you all pay for your basic white enclosures? lights, thermostat, sliding glass doors?

yeah understand that, ok, so what would someone pay in general for a 3x2x2 18mm thick or 16mm malimine white, black blue green purple any colour you want really(or timber grain laminate finish), 2 ceramic screw base globe holders, wired to a IMIT thermostat, and a 3rd ceramic light base for a day light not wired to the thermostat( on seperate lead), sliding glass doors, all assembled then disasembled for freight.....globes not included

I'm not a cabinet maker so can you tell me what malimine is?
Will the wiring be done legally and be tagged?

The guy at my local reptile shop isn't to bad he said because he has 3 of the 4 foot glass enclosure with sliding front doors he could sell it cheap to me and took the price from 490 to 365

If u ask I will pay cash how much would u discount just for cash they are happy to take less cash for retail price enclosure or more then one

I'm not a cabinet maker so can you tell me what malimine is?
Will the wiring be done legally and be tagged?
Dont take it to far most fittings r already plugged............on with the thread i just brought my melamine piecies for a 6x2x3...x2 1 up 1 down for 140 bucks including screws screw caps and melamine edging...the money will be spent as others have said on my heat cords thermostat and furnishings

what are the dimensions?? whats it made out of?
Well it was brand new and made from wood with the dimensions of 1.2m D x 0.9m W x 0.7m H , and had inbuilt heat globe and Uv light with a side entrance door with lock

- - - Updated - - -

but that was like 420 then i had to get water bowls food bowls, sand, waterfall, log hide, heat and uv globes, logs, ect ,ect and all up was about 600- 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back