Under tank heating for Blue Tongues?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcticMonkey

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have experience with using under tank heating for Blue Tongues?

I'm designing a new setup and wanted to explore heating with flexiwatt or heat chord with a thermostat rather than an inefficient basking light.

On YouTube I noticed some very knowledgeable and experienced keepers maintain large collections of Blueys in rack setups and presumably you would have to use under tank heating for this.

Note that I still intend to provide a day/night light cycle but don't want to use a light as the main heat source.

Cheers

works very well,main thing is settingupa temp gradient like with light bulbs,if temps are set up right they do fine withundertank heating as main heat source

Great thanks Richard, will make things a lot easier from my end. I plan to have 1200x600x380h enclosures with a 300 wide heated section at one end.

I will use either LED strips or batten lighting for the light cycle an may even install a small efficient halogen bulb over the basking spot to simulate heat from above.

Just out of interest what's your opinion on UV for Blueys?

It isn't as important as it is to other lizards however you should still have it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back