got tagged by my python for the first time

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintanger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i'v kept reptiles for years and have never been bitten, i considered myself lucky. but last night i had to feed a few pythons, and my adult female childrens python will not eat a defrosted mouse unless i hold it with tweezers and dangle it. so i did the mouse slipped and fell off the tweezers so i went to pick it up and she decided to eat my hand insted. i'm glad though i was tagged by my favourite python. though it stung more than i thought it would.

this is the culprit
rep11 037.jpg

and this is the damage
rep11 129.jpg

haha i had a similar thing happen to me the other night , although i was really surprised at how little pain there was , i honestly think a bindi hurts more in the case of small snake as this was only a yearling woma , funny thing to is i had just finished telling a mate that that particular snake had never bitten me , right as i finished saying the word me was as my hand touched his back and he flung around and got me right on the hand and had a full feed response , i managed to go a year before any of my womas got me :)

she is my favourite snake and has never bitten me or anyone. she is the one snake i trust with my daughter, nieces and nephews. she is so placid, still is but next time i will be more carefull if her food falls, i will need longer tweezers.

My young carpet has got me once or twice.so fast i didnt even know if there was contact until i saw a bit of blood, like pinpricks.it actually didnt hurt at all until i cleaned the cut.

I got my first face bite from one of my waters yesterday. He had just shed so I took him outside in the sun to have a good look and whamo straight in the forehead. He's never bitten before so I can complain.
My stimi gets me almost every second feed.
Here's a pick from her last attack.
3uruha3y.jpg

Same thing happened a week ago with my coastal hatchie but didn't leave a mark
Am more worried my 3yo dragons mistake me for the mouse lol

Same thing happened a week ago with my coastal hatchie but didn't leave a mark
Am more worried my 3yo dragons mistake me for the mouse lol

lol, had one of my adult beardies today lick my hand then i think he was gonna try and bite, but i got away.

Last edited:
i will need longer tweezers.

This was nothing more then a food response :p To my knowledge, pythons cant see well and when they smell food they will go at anything that moves. Having food brought to her enclosure, makes her thing anything in there is food (Especially when she has just had a rat dangled infront of her)

You have nothing to worry about if she'd a placid snake

Yea I was moving my yearlong coastal who's about a metre long back to her enclosure after a feed she's never signed any sign of aggression and just whipped her head round and tagged me. Not s feed bite though just a puss off bite lol. Was suprised it didn't hurt lol

I agree, wait till a 3 yo beardie gives ya a good chomp.. it sucks.. ive also copped a good bite from my 1.5yo easter water dragon that was a bit poo but i cannot think what a 5 yo perenti could do... 0_o

bout the same as a good size lacie hurts like hell and will requires stitches

haha i had a similar thing happen to me the other night , although i was really surprised at how little pain there was , i honestly think a bindi hurts more in the case of small snake as this was only a yearling woma , funny thing to is i had just finished telling a mate that that particular snake had never bitten me , right as i finished saying the word me was as my hand touched his back and he flung around and got me right on the hand and had a full feed response , i managed to go a year before any of my womas got me :)

I had the exact same thing happen to me the other night, had just told a friend that arvo that our woma had never even tried to bite us, then I went and grabbed him just before I fed him (With rat-smelling hands, stupid, stupid stupid!!!) and he tagged me on the tip of my index finger, threw coils around my wrist and started to squeeze a bit.
IMG_0592.jpg
I left it for a while, thinking he would catch on soon that I wasn't really food.... 5 minutes later I thought maybe I'll give him a little encouragement to let go, by running his head under cold water. All that did was make him decide to eat me faster!
IMG_0595.jpg
As soon as the water hit him, he started swallowing! he got all the way down to my hand, then kinda looked like "Ah... What do I do now? I know, I'll just keep chewing, surely there'll be some way to get it in."
I eventually had to submerge the poor bugger in a sink of water to get him to let go. But he ate his rat no worries afterwards, so no harm done!
Also, rather disappointingly, there was not much blood at all! But that's my first snake bite out the way, and now I know it's not particularly painful then I won't flinch too much if/when it happens again.

I had the exact same thing happen to me the other night, had just told a friend that arvo that our woma had never even tried to bite us, then I went and grabbed him just before I fed him (With rat-smelling hands, stupid, stupid stupid!!!) and he tagged me on the tip of my index finger, threw coils around my wrist and started to squeeze a bit.
View attachment 267236
I left it for a while, thinking he would catch on soon that I wasn't really food.... 5 minutes later I thought maybe I'll give him a little encouragement to let go, by running his head under cold water. All that did was make him decide to eat me faster!
View attachment 267237
As soon as the water hit him, he started swallowing! he got all the way down to my hand, then kinda looked like "Ah... What do I do now? I know, I'll just keep chewing, surely there'll be some way to get it in."
I eventually had to submerge the poor bugger in a sink of water to get him to let go. But he ate his rat no worries afterwards, so no harm done!
Also, rather disappointingly, there was not much blood at all! But that's my first snake bite out the way, and now I know it's not particularly painful then I won't flinch too much if/when it happens again.

what did the inside of the snake feel like lol ps awesome pics lol

Cathy

Remember first bite couple of wreaks ago didn't but everyone says that so wasn't to surprised about that but wat did surprise me was how far her mouth must have opened because the tooth marks were heaps far apart

i'v kept reptiles for years and have never been bitten, i considered myself lucky. but last night i had to feed a few pythons, and my adult female childrens python will not eat a defrosted mouse unless i hold it with tweezers and dangle it. so i did the mouse slipped and fell off the tweezers so i went to pick it up and she decided to eat my hand insted. i'm glad though i was tagged by my favourite python. though it stung more than i thought it would.

this is the culprit
View attachment 267122

and this is the damage
View attachment 267123

Is it just me or does it look like you had a reaction to the bite?

Oh and congrats on your first bite. Believe me the novelty wears off after the 500,000th

Is it just me or does it look like you had a reaction to the bite?

Oh and congrats on your first bite. Believe me the novelty wears off after the 500,000th

yeah it sweeled up and was stinging like hell, so i disinfected it with detol. by the next day swelling was gone but was bruised. still is bruised. thanks, yeah after a few more i will say yeah what ever. definatly not looking forward to one of my adult beardies or large pythons biting me

yeah it sweeled up and was stinging like hell, so i disinfected it with detol. by the next day swelling was gone but was bruised. still is bruised. thanks, yeah after a few more i will say yeah what ever. definatly not looking forward to one of my adult beardies or large pythons biting me
You might have had a tooth stuck in you. Sometimes when they get stuck it can swell pretty bad. It's happend to me quite a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back