diamond will not strike at food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you get all high & mighty Harvez, take note that the OP is in Vic, where regulations differ from yours in Qld.

Jeez I hate it when these ill-informed online watchdogs think they're onto something devious...:(

Jamie

Well as an amateur i was actually just curious....so before YOU get all high and mighty dont assume bud :)

i just got a blackhead a while ago and is by far the biggest in my collection and she is the same. she will sniff it but not strike. kinda glad about that as she is about 8-9 ft

Well my snake had a similar problem I just didn't feed it until it was starving and that it didn't have choice to attack it :L hope no one takes it in the wrong it's kind of like training the snake

Works like a charm honestly worked for me he strike all the time now oh and if you holding the mouse with your hands not really a good idea try using the tongues

My BHP has never struck at her food, she waits until you leave it in there, she snifs it out and eats it, I always put it at the front of her hide though :p

I like it when you poke the rats head just in side of the entrance to the hide..... stand back..... count to 10 (well....8 then) and suddenly the rat starts slowly disappearing into the hide :lol:

Works like a charm honestly worked for me he strike all the time now oh and if you holding the mouse with your hands not really a good idea try using the tongues

Is there a reason he NEEDED to strike when you fed him?

I like it when you poke the rats head just in side of the entrance to the hide..... stand back..... count to 10 (well....8 then) and suddenly the rat starts slowly disappearing into the hide :lol:

Ha ha yeah, it is pretty cool, she sniffs it for about a minute though before she retreats it back into her hide, lol. You would think I have poisoned it or something, the way she sniffs around it.

Agreed..... Would also like to know this? I was thinking the same thing.

Well that's one of coolest thing snakes do I love having my snake at the same time i get so excited to feed him every single time just to see him strike at the prey & squeeze the living day lights out of it, everyone enjoys different things I guess personally I love feeding him I just sit there and watch him eat the whole thing it's so amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back