Cats a Study in Murder

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a great laugh with the figures being very inflated but still informative.

Lol, that was quite a read. Too bad my dog brings me a lizard or two a month instead of my cat. Innocent best friend my ****! :facepalm:
My cats are both indoor cats, but my dog is too destructive to leave in at night so occasionally she will nab a lizard and leave it for us to find in the morning... not eaten, just killed for intruding. If only she would bark at them instead like she does with cane toads!
Would love to see some statistics for murder dogs. :evil:

I would have guessed the number to be much larger.

Does anyone know whether this study focused on outside cats solely or this focused on house cats in general, including indoor only animals in the results? That is my initial thought based on the results.

absolute joke
but meant to be funny and succeeded

wild cats kill an average of 56 animals per week
some as food
some as practice and not eaten
they rate a clear second to humans as ecological disasters

Funny. :)

Cats start hunts all the time because in the wild most hunts fail. So by the time they are getting hungry, they will likely have a success. If they wait until they are hungry first, they starve. So the ones that hunted all the time out survived the others & that is not what is natural for them. Most domestic cats are not that far from wild ones, so the instincts they evolved to have are still there. Cats are so bad here, because they are yet another introduced predator with no natural controls here and the local wildlife never had to survive this sort of predator before.

I love cats, however am sick of people letting their cat outside, they do not need to go outside, build them a play gym outside or take them for "walkies". My cat(1 cat) is an indoor cat for 2 reasons: She will hunt and kill things or she will get killed. I take her out in our yard for natural sunlight as her play gym is finally being built but she always stays near us, most of the time I think she is a horse, she eats just as much grass as my horse does :lol:
Anyway, I think cats should be indoors, dogs on the other hand, it is harder to determine, as I love medium/large/XL size dogs, I think it would be a bit of a pain keeping them in 24/7 however my dogs kill alot of things, we have tried puting 8ft fences around, with small sized chicken wire, the possoms still get in and unfortunatly most of the time dont get out. One of the dogs killed a bandicoot the other night, it was so sad as I love carnivourous Marsupials. They seem to kill more things, even though we are trying to prevent things getting killed. It is alot harder with dogs unfortunatly. The other dog likes the taste of Beardies more than anything which is even more sad. Glad neither has killed a snake because I will ring their neck, they bark/howl at snakes

413.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back