Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He lives in Vic I'm nsw and I'm a while off a purchase still but he dose have good price on them

Just a few quick shots of my 1.1... another 1.1 waiting to be shipped as well :D Unrelated!

First is the male, and second is the female (in the container)

Hopefully you guys enjoy them even half as much as I do.

Attachments

• IMG_20121009_111315.jpg
    IMG_20121009_111315.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20121003_201430.jpg
    IMG_20121003_201430.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
A good sight to come home too.......boodarie woma babies here we come!

Attachments

• IMG_6708.JPG
    IMG_6708.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 99
Thanks brett!! - this was the little girl - dropped 7 eggs, 6 have great veins, 1 appears to have none so will give it a few days and see what happens with it. Total clutch weight of 402g, the girl weighed just over 850g after the clutch. Have shown how I set my eggs up, label the tubs so I know whats in each tub and what day is their usual hatching time.

The birg girl is due to lay next saturday.......BHP is the next to drop on the 13th so only a couple of days away!

My other clutch of womas from the mystery girl is due to hatch in just under a fortnight so cant wait for that!

Attachments

• IMG_6713.JPG
    IMG_6713.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6715.JPG
    IMG_6715.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6716.JPG
    IMG_6716.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 94
Thanks brett!! - this was the little girl - dropped 7 eggs, 6 have great veins, 1 appears to have none so will give it a few days and see what happens with it. Total clutch weight of 402g, the girl weighed just over 850g after the clutch. Have shown how I set my eggs up, label the tubs so I know whats in each tub and what day is their usual hatching time.

The birg girl is due to lay next saturday.......BHP is the next to drop on the 13th so only a couple of days away!

My other clutch of womas from the mystery girl is due to hatch in just under a fortnight so cant wait for that!

are u just using a microwave steamer container and paper towel with a bit of water under the plastic mesh? airtight or not?

yeah they are a microwave steamer. The mesh is on top of wet perlite. The tubs are airtight, with a vent in the lid that can be opened if needed.

Hey deebo, good luck with the eggs. What is your setup for those tubs. When do you let gas exchange, is it 50 50 water perlite and what do u incubate them at. I will be incubating eggs in those containers and just want to know.
Thanks.

I open the tubs maybe once a week to let a bit of fresh air in. In the last week or so I pop open the vent on the lid to try and reduce the amount of moisture build up on the inside of the lid. As for the perlite I just poured some water in until it was all a bit damp. I didnt weigh/measure anything. Its basically like doing the "no substrate" method of incubation and the perlite is just there to stop the water splashing aruond.

Jakethomas, just be very careful with woma eggs and to much moister. Eggs will die really quickly and once they start you'll tend to lose the whole clutch.

Perlite is defineatly better option then verlicumite as perlite is a sterile medium.

I run a drier mix for womas. Using e-scales for every 100g of perlite i do 80g of water. .08:1 ratio.

Just another option available to you.

Thanks yommy. Could i run the same tub setup as Deeboo, do i have to have a grid of mesh or can i just put them on the 08:1 ratio?

Thanks Jake

you can run them on the grate or substrate. As perlite is sterile compared to verlicumite. (perlite is a great medium for woma's)

I done it both ways with great success.

- - - Updated - - -

Here a pic of one of the females, she shed tonight see what happens in 25 days :)

Attachments

• RFWF 002.jpg
    RFWF 002.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 99
  • RFWF 006.jpg
    RFWF 006.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
looking good brett!

Not sure of this girls exact due date as I was away when she had her prelay but I would say she is not far off given how she looks.

- - - Updated - - -

jakethomas - I aim my incubator at about 31.7 degrees - there may be 0.1,0.2 degrees difference between top and bottom at the most, I put womas, bhps eggs at the top and morelia on the middle shelf. I didnt measure the watre/perlite ratio but just put as much water as I would normally as if doing the no substrate method. It was enough to make the perlite sort of clump together but there was no watre sloshing around in the bottom of the tub.

Attachments

• IMG_6749.JPG
    IMG_6749.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back