How not to freight a gecko!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crocka79

Reaction score
Recieved this gecko last week, and after numerous freight cancellations due to obvious fake stories, i cant get to airport no money etc lol. Receiving my gecko packaged as careless and neglectful as this along with no MA just topped off the worst dealings i have had with any seller and i have dealt with a few. I am posting this up so hopefully the person in question may see this and everyone elses input and maybe change his ways, a few airholes, gecko in a calico bag or a large sock inside a smaller container with holes then shredded paper etc inside larger box is suffice and takes minutes, protecting the animal incase of drops and knocks. When i questioned the seller about his careless packaging technics he said AAE are very good they dont drop anything! to which i replied mate AAE dont handle the freight Qantas baggage handlers do as i was one a few years ago....... so i kno what happens behind closed doors why take a risk when it only takes a little more care. This guy is not a newbie to the hobbie and should no better, im sure there are others who have bought from the same guy and have a similar story of compolsive lying and bad service.
tardgeckopackaging005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im in the market for a couple of Gecko's but this makes me sick. Hoping I avoid this particular breeder.

disgusting treatment so much for an animals welfare, make sure you leave appropriate feedback on this person in question.

hope the little fella has no issues.

Poor effort on the sellers behalf, lucky it made the trip unscathed... Nice critter too, mate.

its sad that a breeder does this to his animals, imagine how many other herps have had to go through this. :x

what a lovely gecko thats a shame about the seller it could've got squashed
are'nt they pricey little fellas too?

Aww what a sweety.. I can't believe someone would treat any animal, but especially one they've bred themselves, with such little respect! I hope your little guy's alright.

Renae x

Thats pretty bloody poor. Pity we shouldnt name and shame as thats just not on.

Heres hoping the little guy recovers from his ordeal.

Just lazy imo, it doesn't take much effort to make sure the animal is packed safely and to reduce to risk of harm, terrible!

And no doubt he wouldn't have given a refund if anything DID happen on the journey.

aah thats actually quite sad that he shows no care yets his in this game, but he will get whats coming to him for being cruel and careless, hope your lil guy is well. ;)

what sort of gecko it that mate? great looking little guy. sucks about the service but im sure he will read this and realise he has don wrong and change his ways.. i hope.

poor effort on the sellers behalf.

found out today AAE is no longer partly owned by auspost. Qantas is giving auspost it's star track share in return for getting auspost's share in AAE.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe we should get experience people who freight alot, to get a sticky up on how to safely freight a reptile.

thats shocking, but your not alone i'v had reptiles freighted in badly packaged lunch boxs and multiple reptiles in the one tiny lunchbox. and after i specificaly asked they be put in separate containers incase they had a fight ect. it was just a lunch box with 2 beardies in it a hand full of lettus and carrot in the lunch box with holes and placed in a larger box with no padding around it so the lunch box was being shaken around in there. the guy who delivered them did not even know it was live reptiles he was delivering even though it did say it on the box, which i asked the seller to write.

turns me off ever having a live reptile or animal freighted.

Thats a Nephrurus Amyae :)

Nephrurus *amyae.

Genus name always begins with a capital letter, whilst the species and sub-species names do not ;)

Sorry, I have been seeing this a lot lately and it was beginning to get under my skin..lol

Why do you guys freight relatively common reptiles? With reptiles available locally Australia wide why not buy locally to avoid these possible problems associated with freighting?

Why do you guys freight relatively common reptiles? With reptiles available locally Australia wide why not buy locally to avoid these possible problems associated with freighting?

People might not have 6 hours to spare doing a round trip?
The costs associated with the above trip may well exceed the cost of freighting when you factor time,petrol and tolls?
Local animals might not be of the standard they are looking for?
Price may not be realistic?
The may want to breed animals with particular patterns?

Seriously, why wouldn't you if it was something you really wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back